Numark iDJ - is this any good?

samal50

• Members

Numark iDJ - is this any good? (This was priced high a few years ago and now it cost far less - a sign of a bust? Maybe no one bought it cause it either sucked or it's just too new to any traditional DJ?)

Does it require a computer to make it work completely and much like a "real" turntable?

Seems like the iDJ2 is better but more expensive?

I'm also looking at the M-Audio Torq Xponent...any good?

I don't think I want to mess with anything that requires a computer and or other requirements. I want to spin CDs or music in iPods. Basically I want less luggage that comes with using/spinning Vinyl/LP/records...

• Members

Q: Numark iDJ - is this any good? (This was priced high a few years ago and now it cost far less - a sign of a bust? Maybe no one bought it cause it either sucked or it's just too new to any traditional DJ?

A: It does not have many features, the main ones being pitch control and the ability to use just ONE iPod instead of TWO. That plus technology marches on to make older models obsolete. Remember when VCRs used to cost $1000? VC what??

Q: Does it require a computer to make it work completely and much like a "real" turntable?

A: No, just two iPods, but I suspect the USB port will be handy if you want to go the extra mile.

Q: Seems like the iDJ2 is better but more expensive?

A: Yes, seems like they made a better mouse trap and are charging accordingly. Go, Numark!

Q: I'm also looking at the M-Audio Torq Xponent...any good?

A: I have not checked it out yet but I can say that I am happy with the general quality of M-Audio products.

Comment: I don't think I want to mess with anything that requires a computer and or other requirements. I want to spin CDs or music in iPods. Basically I want less luggage that comes with using/spinning Vinyl/LP/records...

Suggestion: Check out the DENON DN-HD2500. It is a complete unit that can function as a control unit as well. That and a Denon DN-D4500 player unit should solve your problems. Leave the iPod in your pocket if you wish to avoid a lynching.

V.

Archived