Hi, my name is Dan and I am a Squier'51 addict...

woodsmandan

• Members

Back in the days,1980's,the Japan Squires ruled.My brother owns a 1985 or so model.It is a lot better than you could think,thye almost equal the USA models of the same time. I hear the MIJ Squires are selling for $400 and up,they are considered collector items to those who fancy them.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

With the rest of the family (the Dano's not mine, but it sounds pretty badass).

I'm thinking I might eventually try the GFS Liverpool in the bridge, after hearing you guys talk it up. No idea what it sounds like, but it LOOKS badass! Also thinking maybe a Kent Armstrong Lipstick for the neck, or maybe trying the Bartolini Strat neck pup that's been laying around my parts bin for years. Truthfully, though, I've got no beef with the stock pups in this thing.

Might also get a black guard from pickguardian. I'm thinking the black on black look would be rockin...

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I admit I'm powerless ... let's go.

I have a blonde with the black pickguard. The sound is amazing. I entered the GC blues competition and I did hold auditions for my 6 axes. It was soooo no competion. (and I love all the different sounds each guitar gives me) 51 hands down. Start out strong but sweet on the neck and crescendo with the bridge. Yeah buddy! Love that bridge pup.

I do want another. Just to drop a p90 into the neck... let's see what happens!!

• Members

Yes Dan I think you are one sick bastard because, unlike me, you only have 1. :D :D :D

DSC00432.jpg

The black one has a GFS Lipstick in the neck, new locking tuners, chrome humbucker ring, and a new GFS top loading bridge. The burst one has a GFS Lil' Killer in the neck, locking tuners, chrome humbucker ring, and will soon have a GFS top loading bridge. Really great guitars.

• Members

By Z way, they are on sale again at MF for $129.99, $20 off.

It is advertised in their packing flyers.

You will need source code 602T to get this price. You might need to call it in.

This isn't quite as good as last fall when they were $120 with free gig bag, but still a good deal.

• Members

I got the Wilkinson Locking Tuners from GFS and I did have to drill out a little hole for the locking screw, other than that the tuners dropped right into the existing hole in the headstock. The GFS top loading bridge is nice, easier to string and I don't seem to have the rattles and buzzes anymore. Well worth the few bucks it cost me.

• Members

Originally posted by GAS Man

By Z way, they are on sale again at MF for $129.99, $20 off.

It is advertised in their packing flyers.

You will need source code 602T to get this price. You might need to call it in.

This isn't quite as good as last fall when they were $120 with free gig bag, but still a good deal.

Looks like the $20 off code's dead, but they're shipping with a free gig bag again.

• Members

wow I'm really gassin for one of these now. I was planning on customizing a tele with a bucker in the bridge and single coil in the neck. This guitar has it all as far as wiring and the kind of pickup set I'm looking for. I just wonder how the neck feels and how the slanted neck pickup affects the sound..

I'll probably go try one out this week.

Archived