Report on the Rolling Stones concert!

AunShui

• Members

I've been posting threads about this gig over the past few weeks, and now that its over, I want to give my opinions on it. If anyone else was there feel free to interject.

First off: Some of you asked why you didn't see it on ticket master etc. The event was entireley run by an organization called Robin Hood, who throws very elaborate and expensive events and dontates all the money they bring in to poor kids in NYC. You need to be a member of the organization to be able to buy tickets (which my dad and his boss are), and as I said, tickets ranged from $100 per seat at the very back of the very top, all the way up to $10,000 per seat (yes you read the right) for front row material.

The opening band was the B-52's. Originally it was supposed to be Sheryl Crow, but she got pregnant or something. Anyway, they were good, very acid-trip party-ish, and the only thing that got annoying was the male lead's voice after some time. They played about 6 songs, and were all in all not bad openers.

The Stones were on after them, and they were totally amazing, easily the best show I've been to. They did 90% of the songs that I wanted to hear, including Gimme Shelter, Honky Tonk Woman, and an amazing finale of (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (infiniteley better than the Super Bowl).

All in all, a kick ass show!

Anyone else go?

• Members

You stuck the B-52s guy's voice longer than i ever could.... 30 seconds at a time of hime is enough for me to want to beat him to death with his own right arm. Almost as annoying a voice as Morrisey. Almost.

Stones sound great, though.... they've not really IMO been delivering the goods on record for a long time - well, nothing of the level they produced pre-Ron Wood anyhow - but live... I saw then in the old Wembley Stadium in 99, it was a blast.... I've tried to go see them a coupel of times since, but they've always been stupid expensive. This time round (October or whenever it is) they're looking GBP75ish (That's damn near USD150) for the cheapest tickets I could find available. {censored} that - they're great, but nobody (well.... apart from maybe the original Ramones line-up, with 75% of it coming back from the dead) is worth that for one night.

Archived