Which Wah for me?

Devinstation

• Members

Heres the skivvy Im gonna use a wah pedal for reggae/ska chording effects, get the funky flow going and Im looking for a cheap and reliable one, The Ibanez weeping demon looked neat for the springback pedal which would be nice for the chording and easier on my foot but it seems a bit to much for what I need and such so any other suggestions?

• Members

Originally posted by onbongos

just get the basic crybaby

I used a basic Cry Baby for years, basically because it was so much cheaper than the Vox. Recently bought a Vox, never knew what I'd been missing.

The problem with the Cry Baby is it's a real tone thief when you have it turned off. Sounds great while you're pedaling it but once you turn it off, your guitar sounds pretty crappy. The Vox has bypass and it's worth the extra money to have your guitar sound proper when you're not spanking the wah.

• Members

Morley Mark Tremonti. Great pedal, no switch...just step on it and it starts screaming, let the foot go and it stops automatically.

Greatest feature in a wha IMO. So convenient.

Suitable for heaveier rock...if you are palying more classic rock crybaby has got a nice sound, but like someone said is a tone thief.

• Members

I'd second the Tremonti Wah by morely. I really really really really like not having to turn it off and on. It is more modern sounding than my dunlop and it does not crackle and pop either. (yeah, I know, clean the pots in the dunlop)

• Members

I was on a crusade a few months ago for the same thing- I have different wahs, but none of them were giving me what I was looking for- A nice fat sweep, like Hendrix on Voodoo Chile or to play funk- Well I first scored a Hendrix Wah on E-shmay for $40- when I got it, the wah sound was just what I was looking for- but when the wah was off it sucked the tone right out of my rig! I did the "True bypass" mod- but it still sounded like crap- so I bought a Vox Clyde McCoy (which is what Hendrix used on Voodoo) And mission accomplished! It sounds great!:thu:

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by onbongos

just get the basic crybaby

Even better, get the Crybaby Classic with true bypass switching and that groovy Fasel inductor.

• Members

Right so, the Clyde's good, the basic Vox wah is a tone thief as well so I don't reccomend it. Maybe check out the budda bud-wah. BTS uses them and they have by far my favorite wah sounds of any band ever, and I will be getting one someday as I simply can't even handle my Vox wah (the v847 not the Clyde) in my chain anymore because of the horrible lack of bypass.

Archived