ooh. damn. i did it. another joins the family. i get my tubes tied.

tbx

• Members

aggie.jpg

another guitar as of today. ugly picture. pretty guitar. yeah, yeah, yeah. so it's another Agile -- AS-820 w/p90s. but i couldn't help it. it wasn't my fault. guy locally sold it to me for really great price... with a nice hardcase, too. still has its plasticKy cling crap on the pickgaurd. all beautifully set up.

took it to my guitar lesson about an hour after i bought it... sounds lovely, plays really well. it's a total charmer. naughty little flirt.

i'M finished for a while now, tho. i gotta archtop LP p90 knock off; the squier 51; & now this jazzyboxy thing. covered more than adequately for a while.

• Members

i'm stopping now. the rest are all for y'all. i'm in danger of "a really good deal on this cheap guitar"-ing myself into some real trouble.
i got some big "schools of sound" covered, i am totally happy. if the GG1 jr. hadn't broken, i wouldn't be in this silly but guitar-rich position. i was happy. i'm happy again.

• Members

the reason i'm really out, i guess, is that the moment i picked up this guitar i was satisfied.

when i first played the al-2000, no pure joy. it was neat. it was new. i liked it. when i picked up the squier 51, i really loved it... but it wasn't a full-throated p90 guitar.

when i first laid my hands on the as-820 and heard it purring through the amp, i was all in. totally happy.

i'm glad i have the fendery sounds i can get from the 51, and i'm delighted to have the big p90 sounds from the as-820. the al-2000, which had such a raw setup on it that i finally gave up home-twiddling and popped to have a professional do it... i'll have to see how i feel about it when it gets home. it may not have a place anymore, i guess. or maybe it will.

i'm looking forward to seeing how much of my apesht reaction to guitars is based on how well or poorly they're set up.

• Members

about the neck... fits ME real well. i'm guessing it is real close and comparable to the neck on the al-2000, but i can't be at all sure. i'm looking forward to getting the al-2000 back to compare the necks. i feel much more comfortable playing this guitar, but suspect it is less the neck than simply that it is setup competently.

• Members

Agile P-90's sound great on the neck position and with both on you get nice hum canceling. The bridge alone can be a bit thin though. Not bad but I like a humbucker at the bridge. I'm thinking of replacing the neck pickup in one of mine with something like a TV Jones powertron pickup.

Archived