3 cheap Tele's to chose from

ArKay

I think what everyone here is saying makes sense. If you're looking for the tone. I feel the 51 comes closest out of the box. I'd have to assume that the affinity with decent pups would do it also but for fit and finish, that Peavey smokes. Looking at that pic makes me want to get another and redo her as a classic tele!! I bet that would sing!!

• Members

Originally posted by Khan Fused

I recently sprung for a lefty Jay Turser JT-LT (don't have it yet) because the reviews here at H-C were generally favorable. I have no idea about any of the dealers shipping to Germany.

They all got good reviews, that's the problem :)

Peavey: Overall Rating 9.1 (19 responses)

Squier '51: Overall Rating 8.8 (62 responses)

Squier Affinity: Overall Rating 8.7 (82 responses)

JT-LT: Overall Rating 9.1 (13 responses)

The more ratings, I think the lower the score will get. Makes it kinda hard :p

• Members

Originally posted by Frets99

I think what everyone here is saying makes sense. If you're looking for the tone. I feel the 51 comes closest out of the box. I'd have to assume that the affinity with decent pups would do it also but for fit and finish, that Peavey smokes. Looking at that pic makes me want to get another and redo her as a classic tele!! I bet that would sing!!

Yeah. I hear ya. All makes sense, of course. I was opting for the Peavey at first, but the Affinity got that sweet tele look I am looking for.

I got other guitars for other sounds, so I think this will be it. Wished I could get all of them, but my GAS isn't that far developed yet :D

Affinity then, with pup upgrade.

Thanks guys :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by chikinpox

I'd go with the Affinity of the three. The other two aren't Teles. Outside of the list I'd look for a used MIM Tele. Far better quality than the Affinity.

Bingo. My thoughts exactly. If he can't afford the MIM, at least get a Squier Standard.

BK

Archived