When did you learn "Eugene's Trick Bag?"

AunShui

• Members

When, if ever, did you learn the guitar solo "Eugene's Trick Bag"? Its the steve vai solo from the movie crossroads.

Oh, and I'm looking for playing time, not a specific year.

And how long did it take you to do it sloppily? Proficenelty? Steve Vai-ily?

• Members

Originally posted by Alchemist

When.... after I saw the movie when I was 15 (got first gutiar at 5) or so??? So its been a while and I cant remember the details of this. Forgotten most of it.

Whats the point of this question?
:freak:

No particular reason...

...actually there is, my guitar teacher wants me to learn it, and i've been playing for like a year and a half, so i was just wondering comparitiveley when other people started it.

I'm going at an obnoxiously slow pace with it ( i learned 3 measures this week and it comes out cleanly at half note=100 bpm [you read that right]), so ya know, just curiosity mosly

• Members

Its a decent piece to learn for mastering alternate picking between strings. Rather than your typical 3 per string runs.

If you really want to get into the piece, learn the proper Paganini's 5th or 24th Caprice all the way through. Beautiful work.

• Members

Originally posted by Alchemist

If you really want to get into the piece, learn the proper Paganini's 5th or 24th Caprice all the way through. Beautiful work.

+1

hard too

its a fun peice to play, but the hardest is definetly the dimished arpeg. at the end. holy hell I remember doing tha for like 4 hours one day...anywho, its a great workout. Also, there is no sweeping, vai plays it all alternating (the intro arpeges...)

Archived