What pedal?

fanuvbrak

• Members

I've got $100 burning a hole in my pocket. I have a Peavey Classic 50. My classic rock distortion comes straight from the amp. My country growl comes from the clean channel and a screamin' blues. I usually get my metal sound out of my Crate RFX120.

But I'm thinking I should get a metal petal. Like a metal master, maybe? Or should I get a V-amp2?

Thanks

• Members

This is a pretty cool pedal with lots of range and it really boosts the harmonics. It's not so much into adding bottom end as some pedals are (like the Metal Zone) but it does do a lot to the mid and high end tones. The "warp drive" really provides a wide range of tones in addtion to the normal "drive, level and tone" controls found on most pedals.

159987.jpg

http://www.music123.com/Tech-21-XXL-Overdrive-for-Guitar-with-Warp-Technology-i159987.music

If you're intested in upping the ante you could also look into one of the two popular radial tonebones. They're running around $180+

P.S. I just noticed they have a "not factor sealed" available for only $81. Might as well save the $18 bucks.

• Members

OK, there are lots of distortion pedals..... personally, a dozen years ago, I had access to thousands of Amp's - but many without reverb, distortion, my "sound". I couldn't carry a Stack around, but there were hundreds everywhere...

I went with Digitech RP - 5 - Distortions, EQ, delay, reverb, all delay based FX, Wah, etc.

Later RP 2000, GNX 2, & GNX 4 ( 8 track recorder is more than you might need @ 22 Lbs heavy too! )

I find it so wrong to buy a pedal for just distortion. Say it's Boss, Digitech, whoever... They need to buy, a case, power supplies, battery section, - @ say $25 in parts... No matter what, it costs $25 to make.... @ least twice that to buy..... and ONE distortion pedal?

I'm sure you've also seen the 8 pedals on stage - they wont work, One wire/ or box/ or both have a short/ battery - what a mess!

Say Digitech RP-50 ( $60 ?) You get a dozen Amp models, EQ, Compression, reverb, delay, wah, whammy / harmonizer - all 24 bit - studio quality - and has 33 FX you never heard of... if ever you need them.

Some have an additional 10 Stomp Box models - Boss Metal Zone, Ibanex Screamer, Big Muff, DOD Grunge, DS-1, & also Amps from Marshal, mesa boogie, Fender, Vox, etc.

Harmon International houses Line 6, Johnson, AKG, Harmon Kardon, Studer, Alesis....... Anyway, the studio stuff - same parts, Amp's as good as POD ( same people ) Then you have every effect & Distortion in one pedal - for same price as a single distortion..... check it out!

• Members

Originally posted by Egz

I'm sure you've also seen the 8 pedals on stage - they wont work, One wire/ or box/ or both have a short/ battery - what a mess!

I can't remember the last time I had only 8 pedals.....

PEDALBOARD317.jpg

BTW, I tried the floor multi units and while they have lots of unusable sounds, they don't cop the "feel" of stomp boxes. Plus I spent more time scrolling and programming than playing.

Archived