uh. can't be.

tbx

• Members

just returned from nosing around at guitar shops at lunch. there was a used tele-shaped guitar that looked like ... not saying it was or wasn't but it LOOKED like... it had been spray painted metallic green.

it had the tele control strip and tele-like pickguard (also apparently spray painted matching metallic green). it had two blackstripes kinda diagonally slashing across the body, and these stripes repeated on the headstock.

it had a 'gibson' truss rod cover, which i presume was a joke.

anyone ever seen something that sounds like this? it was really an eyesore, to me. no price hanging on it... only one in the shop without a tag i think.

they also had a Heritage JR telecopy and a not badly priced G&L tribute ASAT. So i didn't stare at the ugly green striped "Gibson" for too long.

• Members

it had NONE - NOT AN IOTA - of the style or grace reflected in the image below.

1972%20fender%20mustang%20for%20sale.jpg

instead it looked like a recent tele knockoff with a cheap paintjob.
but i think that whoever did it must have been trying to echo the stripes on this old stang.

• Members

haha - you went to South Austin Guitars - I think that Epi was refinned at home, looks pretty cool to me though - I bet CrackerD would be all over that color green

was Jason working? great guys there for the most part, but Jason rules

was there a couple weeks ago with Kwsher, played the Eastwood Ramones clones - they got a {censored}load of cool amps too

Archived