Behringer pedals?

timmy210

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Naw I'm not a stomp box killer, I just tap them with my foot. My dano tuner has a plastic shell and its fine. But how do they sound compared to their boss counter parts? They seem real real good for the price. I could get the wah, compresser, acoustic sim, and blues drive for like 109$ shipped. As much as one boss pedal.

• Members

I bought the compressor/sustainer and it's surprisingly good, especially for MILD compression and evening out playing dynamics. It's not the best for a super-squashed sound. I actually like it better than the MXR Super Comp I've been using.

• Members

Originally posted by rabblerabble

Better hurry.. Word around the campfire is that behringer is raising the prices on the stompbox line effective Jan 06.

It looks like the models coming out in 2006 (digital delay, reverb, multi effects, etc) will be about $5 more than the current models. I have the comp/sust. and the wah and love them both. These things are great for the money and perform perfectly for what I use them for: practicing and having fun at home.

• Members

Originally posted by No Soul

friends dont let friends play behringer

'friends dont let friends choose the wrong tool for the job' would be the saying of a smarter friend.

there are many applications where behringer gear is the right tool for the job.

gigging stombox for Slipknot-wannabe's? no.

use for your band's first televised appearance? no.

part of sonic-freakout board for homebody noisemaker? perfect.

somebody who's got their gigging board at their rehearsal space, and still needs an fx box or two at home for practice or just to f around with? why the {censored} not.

to be used at a house party where god-knows-who could be doing god-knows-what near the band's area while all substance-fueled insanity rages, including that of band members? sounds smarter than using that 1977 big muff that is your pride and joy. and nobody would know anyways.

oh yeah, most people wouldn't ever know, would they?

right tool for the job, people. choose wisely (and that doesnt mean choose behringer, it means exactly what it says).

• Members

Originally posted by tjon

i just snagged an behringer eq off the bay ill tell you how it is when i get it

the eq pedal has gained popularity on the other board I read. Many people swear it's as good or better than the Boss it's copying. The issue is it's plastic so be gentle with it

• Members

Originally posted by L6Sguy

'friends dont let friends choose the wrong tool for the job' would be the saying of a smarter friend.

there are
many
applications where behringer gear is the
right
tool for the job.

gigging stombox for Slipknot-wannabe's? no.

use for your band's first televised appearance? no.

part of sonic-freakout board for homebody noisemaker? perfect.

somebody who's got their gigging board at their rehearsal space, and still needs an fx box or two at home for practice or just to f around with? why the {censored} not.

to be used at a house party where god-knows-who could be doing god-knows-what near the band's area while all substance-fueled insanity rages, including that of band members? sounds smarter than using that 1977 big muff that is your pride and joy. and nobody would know anyways.

oh yeah, most people
wouldn't
ever know, would they?

right tool for the job, people. choose wisely.

whatever helps you sleep at night buddy

• Members

Originally posted by 70 Cam Guy

the eq pedal has gained popularity on the other board I read. Many people swear it's as good or better than the Boss it's copying. The issue is it's plastic so be gentle with it

the Boss aint all that to begin with. its decent, but as many noise issues have been reported as not. the Dano Fish & Chips EQ is a quieter pedal that costs 1/2-1/3 as much, has a name that inspires giggles, and has a parent company who will replace defective units for free.

as for being gentle, has anybody ever seen a stomped-to-death dano? arion? soundtank? i could see the soundtank maybe crumbling, but the others are damn tough.

• Members

Originally posted by No Soul

whatever helps you sleep at night buddy

knowing that i am capable of making decisions for myself, and that i do not need your input at all, helps me sleep at night. funny though, some folks who may have trouble sleeping at night:

EVH --- used an Ibanez Explorer copy for much of VH 1, and even pictured it on the cover of 'Women & Children First.'

Prince --- has used his Hohner tele copy for more of his catalog than not, has appeared coutless times live sporting the guitar, and is even pictured on his Vegas dvd cover with it.

Mike Campbell --- Dano Daddy-O

Rob Dickinson (Catherine Wheel) --- Dano Daddy-O

Bob Mould --- Ibanez Flying V for lots of his career

Mike McCready --- Ibanez Flying V on occasion

so of course, with that in mind, using a Small Stone knockoff for bedroom practice? yeah that definitely sounds like its worth losing sleep over. buying a chinese knockoff of the most cloned overdrive in the world? definitely, definitely worth losing sleep over. using any gear because you care about the end result more than you care about the small-minded attitudes of those who whine about such? priceless.

• Members

I have the EQ and the Wah, they are cheap, sound good. I don't think they would last long in the clubs as they are plastic.

When I set up the EQ with Wah and an Epi Valve Jr. I have a rig that is worth about $150 and sounds great. Most people that have heard this combo are amazed at how good it all sounds when I tell them what it set me back. I just smile and mention that my Squire Tele was $140 used. :D

• Members

knowing that i am capable of making decisions for myself, and that i do not need your input at all, helps me sleep at night. funny though, some folks who may have trouble sleeping at night:

EVH --- used an Ibanez Explorer copy for much of VH 1, and even pictured it on the cover of 'Women & Children First.'

Prince --- has used his Hohner tele copy for more of his catalog than not, has appeared coutless times live sporting the guitar, and is even pictured on his Vegas dvd cover with it.

Mike Campbell --- Dano Daddy-O

Rob Dickinson (Catherine Wheel) --- Dano Daddy-O

Bob Mould --- Ibanez Flying V for lots of his career

Mike McCready --- Ibanez Flying V on occasion

so of course, with that in mind, using a Small Stone knockoff for bedroom practice? yeah that definitely sounds like its worth losing sleep over. buying a chinese knockoff of the most cloned overdrive in the world? definitely, definitely worth losing sleep over. using any gear because you care about the end result more than you care about the small-minded attitudes of those who whine about such? priceless.

I collect Japanese lawsuit guitars, so youre talking to the wrong person. Behringer stuff is not even remotely close to being the same thing.

• Members

The right tool for the job is *never* the tool that you can't trust to work properly while you're doing the job!

Behringer's R&D department consists of a copy machine. They spend their time figuring out how to cut every possible corner in a competitor's design, while still having a product that functions long enough for someone to try it in a store...they succeed some of the time (ask a store that carries behringer gear about the percentage of DOA equipment they receive.)

I owned one of the behringer midi controllers...within months the buttons started to die one by one, and then the whole thing just decided not to turn on one day. I opened the thing up to try to hopefully fix it...big mistake. That thing was *ugly* on the inside. Every possible corner was cut. I decided to not even bother fixing it...I now use a unit that cost a bit more, but I can trust not to fail me at inopportune times.

Now I know my story is just anecdotal evidence, and I know a lot of people who have a lot of behringer gear that has never failed them...but knowing how this stuff is built, I would never use behringer again if I had a choice. Sure, you could buy behringer and nothing will ever break...but the failure rate on their gear is much higher than average and I wouldn't be able to take it to a gig just for that reason, even if it sounded good.

• Members

Originally posted by Osmosis

......Behringer's R&D department consists of a copy machine.....

That seems to be your number 1 problem (at least I've read that statement a million times). Get over it! If you don't like the gear, don't buy it, and that'll be fine.

Most gear are copies. I can't count the number of clones of a Tubescreamer, Fender and Gibson Guitars, Fender amps, aso.

Name a piece of gear, that isn't copied at least once, even copied by some of "the big and smart companies with a RD-department". Even my old Marshall amp is a Fender Bassman clone (no, it's not built using better components than Fenders), and I really don't care.

Archived