ES-335 owners

h2oman

• Members

Is that the one that was on special at Gallins just before Xmas?

Might be, there's another one there now, exactly like mine, same year. I bought this guitar around. Wait, just dug up the bill, 17th december last year so yeah!

AU$1200 with hard case, not a bad deal ;)

• Members

Originally posted by men's pants

Might be, there's another one there now, exactly like mine, same year. I bought this guitar around. Wait, just dug up the bill, 17th december last year so yeah!

AU$1200 with hard case, not a bad deal
;)

That would have been it.. $1200? Bloody bargain!

• Members

Originally posted by Mr.Mow

That would have been it.. $1200? Bloody bargain!

Yeah it was, i went with him to look at it, the reason why it was cheap was that the previous owner had cracked the headstock off and it had been re-attached with a few rods.

But who gives a flying the things sturdy as hell and plays like a dream :thu:

• Members

Yeah it was the one I thought it was then..

Interestingly, I've picked up a BRAND NEW Epi Goth LP from there with a cracked neck glue join for $100 (fixed it, sold it on ebay for $650) and a new Epi LP which they had fixed for $350 to give to my dad.

Its a good store to check out from time to time for cheap broken stuff (which all fixes up fine).

The repair on that 335 was very well done.

• Members

I thought copies were welcome?

I went out last summer to purchase a used 335 (there were 4 at a local shop), and I didn't like any of them ... weird, weird disappointment.

This Squier Starfire ("expertly" refitted with Duncan '59s, cough) is an amazing guitar, and they couldn't get rid of it at GC, so I nabbed it for $200.

Geetar007.jpg

Archived