Best Tuner For $25?

evader90

• Members

If you can splurge for $29, the Intellitouch PT-2. Accurate to one cent, small, chromatic, and easy to use. Clips onto your headstock and works with acoustic as well as electric insturments. What it doesn't have that the PT-1 has is a backlight and a case.

• Members

I have 2 Korgs....

The first is an anolog one that I have had since about '84 that cost me $70.

The second is a Korg CA-30 that I got @ Mars Music before they went out of bus. for $9.99.

Get a Korg CA-30 as it is small, and works for both kind of guitars: electric and bass guitars. Plus you can tune up or down with it. They normally run for about $20 I believe.:thu:

• Members

I say do yourself a favor and don't buy one just yet, force yourself to tune by ear for a while, my tuner broke too and I forced myself to do this, now I can tune by ear in no time, of course if you play in a band and everyone needs to be exactly the same that's another thing.

Carry a couple of chromatic Korgs wherever I go. Now my amp tunes me up too but for {censored}s n giggles I ordered the Planet waves SOS. Should be in today... Let y'all know how it works.

Curious, how does one get past the non-chromaticness. I would assume that you could hold down the standard note on the string and tune it to a different key with a standard.....

Originally posted by yzfou

I say do yourself a favor and don't buy one just yet, force yourself to tune by ear for a while, my tuner broke too and I forced myself to do this, now I can tune by ear in no time, of course if you play in a band and everyone needs to be exactly the same that's another thing.

LMAO:D :D :D

laughing my ass off

tuning by ear is an important tool but here we are in a tuner thread.....

"of course if you play in a band and everyone needs to be exactly the same that's another thing. "

Just cracked me up!!

Kinda why we use these tuners!!

• Members
Originally posted by Frets99

laughing my ass off

tuning by ear is an important tool but here we are in a tuner thread.....

"of course if you play in a band and everyone needs to be exactly the same that's another thing. "

Just cracked me up!!

so you're making fun of me:mad: .Massachusset is not that far from Montreal, don't make me go there:p ;) . I didn't say he shouldn't buy one, my point is if you suck at something as basic as tuning your guitar, you should try to get better at it IMO(that one I know)

Archived