Will I grow to regret this sale?

Alchemist

• Members

I'd sell the amp and the pedals but keep the guitar. There's more of a relationship with a guitar than with a secondary amp and some pedals you don't use.

Those DK1s are incredible, but your Costanza custom there reminded me of the Jackson import DK2Ms that are out now. Beautiful guitars and only $599 at MF or AMS, with real Duncans and a new JT580LP with hardened steel baseplate,

black hardware and black sharkies with black neck binding. I don't know if you can find one locally to try though. I am GASsing fror one in white but probably can't afford it. Then again the USAs are another thing too, but those DK2Ms are sweet....

• Members

Originally posted by Alchemist

I've got an Ibanez RG570. I'm wanting another floyded superstrat though, the DK1's just happen to come with EMG's though. I was looking at the SL1, but I just liked the feel of the DK1 more. Plus the build of USA Jacksons is impeccable. I'm still wanting one very bad.

It took me many years before I was able to fullfilled my Jackson fix in the 80's.

When did they start putting EMG's in the DK-1? Personaly, I think that sucks. I'm glad mine came loaded with passive Duncans in a H-S-S config instead.

• Members

Originally posted by Nephilim-777

It took me many years before I was able to fullfilled my Jackson fix in the 80's.

When did they start putting EMG's in the DK-1? Personaly, I think that sucks. I'm glad mine came loaded with passive Duncans in a H-S-S config instead.

I think its just the Dinkies that are coming with EMG's, the Soloists come with Duncans, but I prefer the feel of the Dinky (yes I know that sounds gay lol).

• Members

Originally posted by go cat go

Keep the Ibanez, especially if you had her for 8 years. Save up for the Randall and Jackson. I have allways regretting selling any of my guitars. I would just sell the Peavey. (I had the same amp ages ago.) Get the Micro-Cube or Vox AD5. I have the Vox and it's a great practice amp at bedrooms levels.

BTW, I had a problem with my hands as well. It started about a year ago when I bought a PRS SE Mcsoapy with the wide, fat neck. I like keeping a similar feel in all my guitars regardless of scale length so i used differrent string guages. I use 10 - 46 on 25.5 guitars and 11-49 or 50 on my 24.75 or 25 scale guitars. I didn't realize I had inadvertently bought some 11-52 sets. I had also bought some 10-52 sets. Damn late night ordering! I was learning SRV's Riviera Paradise on the McSoapy strung with 11-52 when I felt a twinge in my fretting hand. I thought nothing of it and worked throught the uncomfortableness. That night as I was in bed I realized my hand had been feeling numb for quite a few hours. My finger tips were tingling as if my hand had fallen asleep. My wrist and forearm felt numb and weak. The sensations went on for months. I had to stop playing except for 15 minute periods at a time. Slowy but surely, my hands are getting back to normal. I make sure I stretch and have proper posture when playiing. I also play only 10-46 strings regardless of scale length. Another thing that made a big difference is that I have less stress in my life. My previous manager at was was fired and his replacement is just a great person. i used to be so stressed out that I couldn't lift my arms above shoulder height. Let's not talk about the anxiety and asthma atacks i used to suffer from as well.

Whever your decision, I hope you are happy, I hope your hands heal as well. Not being able play sucks.

Thanks for the advice:) . I've been doing lots of stretches, hopefully it will get better. I've gotten rid of my 11 and 12 gauge setups, and just have 10's on my Gibsons now, and 9's on my RG. I'll hit up some stores this weekend, try out the stuff I'm gassing for again, as well I'll give the Artstar a once over, hopefully that will clear things up. :)

As far as for practice amps, theres nothing wrong with the Peavey, the clean channel is actualy great, but I've got a nice tube halfstack and combo, and I'll be getting another tube head, so this is really the odd amp out lol. I usualy play through a modeler into some headphones at night anyway.

• Members

Originally posted by Alchemist
I think its just the Dinkies that are coming with EMG's, the Soloists come with Duncans, but I prefer the feel of the Dinky (yes I know that sounds gay lol).

Not at all, the DK-1 is slightly smaller, lighter and the unpainted bolt-on neck is smoother without the drag of the SL-1.

Archived