anyone ever install a tele bridge pup in a strat?

voneville

• Members

I once installed a (already dead) dog's paw on my Strat. It was a long, long time ago, back in the day. It was supposed to be a sort of talisman, like Carlos Castenada wrote about in his books about shamanism. People thought it was cool. Then it began to smell. I had to remove it. Fortunately, it was not a permanent installation. I just used some twine and some braided hippy stuff.

• Members
Originally posted by guitarNed

I once installed a (already dead) dog's paw on my Strat. It was a long, long time ago, back in the day. It was supposed to be a sort of talisman, like Carlos Castenada wrote about in his books about shamanism. People thought it was cool. Then it began to smell. I had to remove it. Fortunately, it was not a permanent installation. I just used some twine and some braided hippy stuff.

:idea:

• Members

I've been thinking along similar lines lately. I prefer the sound of the Tele bridge pickup but I like a Strat's ergonomics (balance, etc.) better than the Tele. Assuming the tonewoods are the same I imagine the new guitar would sound identical to a Telecaster.

• Members

Originally posted by guitarNed

Ok, here's the deal:

I used to dig hippy music(The Dead, Allman Bros, etc). I'm not going to bash to music, but this is a PERFECT example of why I'm not a hippy and while, I have strong liberal feelings and leanings, politically, I'd never call myself a liberal...

WTF?!?! are you {censored}ing kidding me? I don't have an answer for your very intriguing question, but, Jesus Christ!!!! Why don't you take a freakin' shower and eat some {censored}ing meat, use some goddamn deodorant and shave your {censored}ing legs instead of putting some rotting piece of dead animal organ on your {censored}ing guitar!!! Gross...

What's wrong with you people, seriously...

• Members

Originally posted by bjcarl

Ok, here's the deal:

I used to dig hippy music(The Dead, Allman Bros, etc). I'm not going to bash to music, but this is a PERFECT example of why I'm not a hippy and while, I have strong liberal feelings and leanings, politically, I'd never call myself a liberal...

WTF?!?! are you {censored}ing kidding me? I don't have an answer for your very intriguing question, but, Jesus Christ!!!! Why don't you take a freakin' shower and eat some {censored}ing meat, use some goddamn deodorant and shave your {censored}ing legs instead of putting some rotting piece of dead animal organ on your {censored}ing guitar!!! Gross...

What's wrong with you people, seriously...

shave his legs?

SIGN ME UP :love:

• Members

Originally posted by hondro

shave his legs?

SIGN ME UP
:love:

Back when Jerry was alive(He'll always be alive, man:eek:!!!)...

I saw the Dead 13 times...not a {censored}load, but enough to be somewhat of an authority...

Jerry, Bob, Phil, etc ...ate meat, rode in limos, vacationed in the Caribbean, they were rich {censored}ing rock stars, despite what most hippies would like to believe...

As far as shaving his legs...absolutely!!! Just like most hippy chicks should shave their moustaches...

• Members

Re the original question: I havent had an actual tele pu in my strat, but I have played a strat with the Duncen Twangbanger in it, which is supposedly a tele style pu build to fit a strat without routing. It def had some of the tele wibe going, a brawnier, fuller sound than a stock strat, but it didn't sound *quite* like a tele. A very nice half way poit between a strat and a tele. I suspect, that you're not gonna get exactly that tle sound without the proper bridge.

Archived