How many hours a week do you spend practicing/playing guitar?

• Members

I get to play at work, so I play about 3 hours each of the 4 days I'm at work. And at home I play once a day for around an hour. And then anytime I sit down to watch TV I have a guitar in hand. So that's around 20 hours per week all together.

I just wish my playing showed more signs of that investment. :cry:

• Members

Well if I practiced I wouldn't be able to come here and run my post count up, and then act like some sort of six string all knowing prophet. :o

Not nearly as much as I would liek to is my answer, seems like I only get to play on weekends, got to love havign a full time job, house, dog/cat/ferret/rats/fish/bills/taxes/yadda/yadda/yadda/ to deal with *sigh*:cry:

• Members

I get to play bass on weekdays in school, so thats 45 mins a day for 5 days.

Play guitar at jazz band on mondays, so figure about an hour a week for that.

Daily, I practice anywhere between 45 mins to three hours, depending on alot of circumstances. Average is probably closer to one hour, maybe an hour and a half (usually 2 practice sessions).

I generally take off one day a week, although I would like to play, i usually have homework.

Weekends are a mixed bag. I've had 6+ hour weekends and i've had 0 hour weekends; it all depends. Average is probably 2 hours a day for weekends.

So, figure 25 to 20 hours a week on a normal week. If you don't count bassinng or i'm especially busy or lazy, its less than that. If i have a gig coming up, i've exceeded 5 hours a day on weekdays.

Really, it all depends.

• Members
Originally posted by fanuvbrak

I have a more-than-full-time job and am not in a band, but I usually get 10 to 12 hours a week.

You'd think I'd be better.
:mad:

Pretty much word for word what I would say

Practice/playing is the single biggest time investment I make a day save sleeping and work.

And still I'm a hack :eek:

• Members

I practice more or less 3 hours every day, so thats 21 a week in actual sit-down concentrated practice. I have 2.5 hours a week in a big band, and 2 hours a week in combo rehersal, and usually at least an hour of jamming with someone, so it comes out to around 27 hours a week.

• Members
Originally posted by SentimentalMood

I get to play at work, so I play about 3 hours each of the 4 days I'm at work. And at home I play once a day for around an hour. And then anytime I sit down to watch TV I have a guitar in hand. So that's around 20 hours per week all together.

I just wish my playing showed more signs of that investment.
:cry:

Same investment, same return. However I practice harmonica about an hour a month and everybody raves about my harp playing. :(

• Members

Wish I still had the time I had back in high school/college. With a proper job, 3 cars, and a 1-year old kid I practice 1-1.5 hours per day. On weekends I try to get the same practice in but also play a bit too; maybe a couple of hours.

Because I am learning how to practice effectively, even this little bit is making me alot better (well, that's not too surprising considering how bad I was before).

Archived