Pantera on VH-1 Last Night

Mike Sr.

• Members

Originally posted by DARKMETL/

Phil is a total jackass. What a jerk. Wrong dude got the lead. Not nice I know but...take your pick.

I'm not one to wish death on anyone, but I have to agree.

If you think about it, that behind the music: pantera was more like behind the music: dimebag. It still was {censored}ing awesome though.

• Members

Phil is a jack ass. and the biggest victims of this, aside from the Abbott family, are the fans who will never get to hear what more might have come from Dimebag. I read a few months back that Vinnie had enough recordings to possibly put out a second Damageplan cd, more as a tribute to Dime than anything, and also some recordings of Dime, Vinnie, and David Allen Coe. I dont have any more info on these but I would love to hear one more riff from Dime.

• Members

I guess the David Allen Coe has been released. Believe its called Rebel meets Rebel.

I had the luck to have a drink with Vinny and Dime many years ago. They were in Minneapolis the night before a show they were doing. I was at a club for a concert (think it was Vinnie Moore) and they came in to watch the show and drink. One of my friends recognized them so we went over, the usual fan banter and they invited us to sit and have a drink. I wasnt a huge Pantera fan so I let after one drink to pay attention to the show but my buddy drank with them the whole night. Real down to earth guys....no ego, no head trip, etc.

• Members

that has got to be THE worst episode in rock history. it still boggles my mind how and where he was killed. stage is supposed to be the place where an artist can emote in safety, for that to be violated like that is just a crime against humanity.

Archived