Which guitar would better suit me?...

markom89

• Members

I play in a band, in which Im the rythm guitarist, our style is Funk/classic rock/blues/some metal/brit rock/phsychadelic stuff, and I have a pretty high price range in which Im looking, atleast I consider it high...Well its $5000 USD...so far Ive narrowed it down to the following guitars: PRS modern eagle, Gibson R9, Gretsch White Flacon, Original 73' Tele(mint w/ OHSC), Gibson cs-356, so those are my options so far, tell me which one you guys think would be just right for me, and tell me why its better than the other one please, thanks. Incase you were wondering... I currently use a Mesa MK IV head w/ mesa 4x12, 83' JCM800 (selling it), and I use a bunch of effects (mainly boutique-ish stuff) this summer I am also getting either a Diezel VH4/VH4-S or Herbert, so just tell me what you think would sound best with that gear.

• Members

but they all felt soo damn nice and comfortable, and each one sounded amazing, thats the thing with those high end guitars, they all look, and sound nice and are all comfortable!!!...I realy just dont know...which one would you guys get and why?

• Members

Ok well then ...

PRS Moder Eagle - Never played one, but from past experience with PRSs they sound kinda plain and generic, always feel nice though and look great, I hear the genericness comes from the pups ...

Gibson R9 - I know next to nothing about this guitar but I believe it is a reissue of a '59 or something ... I don't know. If it IS, and it IS built like the old ones and is that same quality then go for it ... If it IS built like modern day Gibby's then make sure the QC is awesome.

Gretsch White Falcon - I've played this one! I love them, and I thinkthey could cover a lot of your bases, but you may want to pick up a good solidbody to go along with it.

Tele - Everyone loves Teles and they can do a lot, so this may be the best for you.

What would I do, I would buy the White Falcon and buy a less expenive solid body (a Tele would do nicely) to kind contrast the hollowness of the White Falcon, heres my two cents!

• Members

Ive already got a 52' ri Tele...it sounds unbelievable... to be honest I kinda narrowed it down even more to either the PRS modern eagle or the Gibby R9...but theres still something bout' the falcon, ever since I layed my eyes on it Ive wanted it, but I realy want to wait a whil before buying it

• Members

Its realy between those two to be honest, so what do you guys think I should go with?...ive never been a big gibson fan, I had the chance to get one several times but just got something else... I dont know, this is the first one Ive ever realy " liked"

• Members

If you have that kind of money to spend I wouldn't buy any of those. You could have one built for you that does everything those do and so much more. Plus it'll feel exactly and look just like YOU want it to. Just remember that those guitars are all MANUFACTURED. Like in a factory where it's some assholes job. Not his PASSION. Just a suggestion of course and if I were to pick for it would be a tele. Also if you leave it up to HC a tele you will buy. To many folks love them. Don't sound like everyone else! I'm not trying to start anything with tele lovers cuz i love em too. I just think to many people play them. Hope this opens you mind a little.

• Members

Originally posted by redeyejedi75

If you have that kind of money to spend I wouldn't buy any of those. You could have one built for you that does everything those do and so much more. Plus it'll feel exactly and look just like YOU want it to. Just remember that those guitars are all MANUFACTURED. Like in a factory where it's some assholes job. Not his PASSION. Just a suggestion of course and if I were to pick for it would be a tele. Also if you leave it up to HC a tele you will buy. To many folks love them. Don't sound like everyone else! I'm not trying to start anything with tele lovers cuz i love em too. I just think to many people play them. Hope this opens you mind a little.

Hey now it may very well be that asshole's passion to build guitars!

Asshole!

But he does raise a good point that you could get a custom one made ... a few of our forumites could make on for you, or could lead you in the right direction. There is also the Warmoth route ....

• Members

Originally posted by Devinstation

Hey now it may very well be that asshole's passion to build guitars!

Asshole!

Only 1 out of 100. Point being that the average factory employee doesn't get off by attaching the neck. Or setting a finished guitar up 8 hours a day.

I'm having a guitar built for me. It should cost close to $4000. It's a hollowbody and I can't wait. Yes it takes time but surely well worth it.

• Members

From what I understand, you can get a your spec. custom shop fender for about thar price, maybe even a custom gibson and or prs. Also, some of the super botique people like Driskill (sp?) and Halo guitars might be up your alley; i can't see a gretesch doing metal (yes, i know, malcom, but AC/DC isnt really metal) so i would be against that.

Also, check out this site. I've heard good things and they seem to be in your price range.

www.moonstoneguitars.com

Archived