calling all jazzmaster experts

teardrop

• Members

I have a CIJ Jazzmaster, and I'm getting a lot of buzz/rattle from the low E String, the other ones seem to be ok. I have it strung with 11-49's, and have installed a mustang bridge as well. Anyone have any possible remedies (except for higher string guage) ?

• Members

have you had it professionally set up yet?

if so, and it's still a problem, read up on this: www.northcoastmusic.com/buzzstop

this does change the sound somewhat - it tightens it up, and you don't get the same drone quality that some folks love about Jazzmasters - I've used it to great success on my JM style guitars, but haven't tried it on a Fender

• Members

Originally posted by teardrop

I have a CIJ Jazzmaster, and I'm getting a lot of buzz/rattle from the low E String, the other ones seem to be ok. I have it strung with 11-49's, and have installed a mustang bridge as well. Anyone have any possible remedies (except for higher string guage) ?

Look for the source. Is the buzz coming from the bridge? The string on the fretboard? Somewhere else? How high is the action?

• Members

Originally posted by aclarke

Look for the source. Is the buzz coming from the bridge? The string on the fretboard? Somewhere else? How high is the action?

great post - i skipped right over this

if it ain't the saddles, my idea won't help - if it is, another option is shimming the neck and raising the bridge

Archived