Vintage Vibe SP-90 install pics, clips

espgold

• Members

These pickups are amazing to behold. Waxed, shielded and ready to slay....

...that is if I could actually really play....:(

I took a couple shots during the swap. I posted clips of the GFS V.A.S. set and then did the swap and recorded the SP-90's for comparison.

I'll let you decide which set you prefer. I was not unhappy with the GFS set at all....just looking for a change....:rolleyes:

1202050img7uk.th.jpg1202051img9uu.th.jpg1202053img2lv.th.jpg1202056img1nk.th.jpg1202057img8ul.th.jpg

SP-90 strat clip

clip = clean chords(5 positions, neck to bridge).....Dirty neck, dirty bridge....clean single note lines(5 positions, neck to bridge)

• Members

Pretty damn cool clip that showcases their tone well. What amp?

I've got a set of those in a parts-o-caster that I realy like. They sing into a slightly cranked Deluxe Reverb, with great response to pick dynamics. Wait till you see what they do with a tube screamer.

• Members

id-man...No amp really. It's recorded through a Matchbox pre-amp with JBL 15" speaker sim into an ART tube pre and compressor and on to my mixer with a bit of Microverb in the loop. The dirty tones come from a Blackstone 2sv2 on my pedalboard. I'm gonna try em through my little Rivera combo next....

FWAxe....all three pups are SP-90's.

Quarter...The vol and tone pots are 250k. Tone cap is .22. the middle pot is a Rothstein passive mid boost which I will be removing because these pickups do just what I was looking for without the extra circuitry.

JPOM...I paid $135 for the set, shipped. The guitar they are in is a 1985 MIJ Squier '57 style...not sure if they called them "reissues". I gave it the treatment with Warmoth guard, Callaham trem, locking Gotoh "klusons" and ivoroid knobs :D :D

• Members

Originally posted by espgold

The guitar they are in is a 1985 MIJ Squier '57 style...not sure if they called them "reissues". I gave it the treatment with Warmoth guard, Callaham trem, locking Gotoh "klusons" and ivoroid knobs
:D
:D

:thu:

I put a set of these in a Squier Protone Strat, and I enjoy the sh*t out of them! My tech, who rarely says anything about aftermarket hardware or electronics, went out of his way to praise these. IN fact, I had him install a set of Fender VN's in another Protone, and he remarked that I should have gotten another set of Vintage Vibes instead.

• Members

Originally posted by jerry_picker

1202051img9uu.th.jpg

Doesn't that just scream, "QUALITY!"?

It's a shame to hide them behind a pickguard!

I'm seriously impressed by these. And how cool is it that you can easily adjust pole piece height on a strat pickup without worrying about ruining it?!

Archived