Anyone buy the 57 Re-Issue Epiphone??

voneville

• Members

HOLY SCHNIKE-EEZ IT'S ALREADY HERE!

Its beautiful..I haven't had time to plug it in yet, but so far me likey!

the one thing I was worried about was there being snags on the fretboard where the frets stick out (pet peeve) and I am satisfied with the smooth neck.

Other things I noticed right away is the paint- its really shiney. I prefer minimal clear so the body can resonate- they really get the sucker wet, but it looks good.

it says "epiphone custom shop" on the back

also , the neck profile is nice and fat!

I think this will be a keeper for sure.

I'll get up some pics and a better review of the tone later.

Im anxious to hear the p-100.

been achin for a p-90 guitar.

they say the sound is virtually the same with less hum. I could care less about hum though

I want pure unaltered tone

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was gonna write some more about it, but it looks like nobody here cares, so I'll go back to playing it....

I will say this: the sustain is good, I was playin it through the amp and I kept thinkin my cell phone in my pocket was vibrating because the guitar resonates so much.. I like that!

so in conclusion: this thing rocks! and it's so purty I'm glad I baught it, now I've just got to pay it off

:love:

• Members

I'd post some pics but I'm having troubles with my digicam.

Its a niceley crafted guitar.

I've never owned any korean Guitars before this, nor did I want to. But this is Nice. The frets are done well. The tuners are good.

I don't know how to intonate a guitar with a wraparound bridge, so luckily it came set up pretty damn good too!

For those comparing it to the other epi JR with the bolt on neck: THERE"S NO COMPARISON!

This one is made of solid wood and has a p-100 pickup. The neck is set in and it has better tuners. IT is a good value, and the fretwork exceeds my expectations.

When I get a working camera I'll post some pics I promise..

• Members

Originally posted by underblu

does the epi r57 have the long neck tenon:thu:

theres only seven guys in the whole Gibson corp that even know what 'long neck tenon' means.

and three of those guys know 'cuz they own old Tokais.

Archived