G400 Vintage vs G400. Diff?

Uze Soap

• Members

All the gibsons ive seen in decent condition cost more than $500 dollars used.

The specials are ok, but im not big on the faded finish and i like trapezoid inlays.

Im also kinda insecure about playing my Gibson Les Paul Studio, thats why i got the Epiphone SG....so i can lean it up against the wall, if it drops or bang it around during practice...i wont get too butthurt.

• Members
Originally posted by zosoKing5

i didnt read the rest of the posts, but i found a 1994 gibson sg faded going for 400 bucks. my quistions is, why bother getting the epiphone if you can get the real thing already broken in and loosened up?

If the frets are good, it sounds like a bargain.

• Members

Originally posted by harold heckuba

I used to own a Gibson Faded SG that I sold. I later played an Epi Vintage Faded G400 at GC, it felt like it was better made than the Gibson I had.

{censored} man dont do that!

i have been trying this one gibson faded special and am starting to fall for it.....

its a hard sell cause i know how good my epiphone lp is in comparison to the gib.

i just havent found a epi sg vintage to try out. the regular G 400 is ok but isnt knocking my socks off, know what i mean?

• Members

Originally posted by Uze Soap

Yes, it is. I'm more hung up on the red, though. I know it's cliche, but who cares.

I'd only be longing for that sexy red finish if I got the natural. Although I played a natural finish SG at GC once and thoroughly enjoyed it's beauty. It's a toss up.

dont feel bad about liking the red. i could have had a new gibson special for 500 bucks but i didnt like the brown :rolleyes:

they guy in the store says to me everytime i ask a question about something "you are particular arent you" yes , yes i am

i want either the G400 or the gib sg special just because they have the pearloid tuners. i dont care if they arent as good as grovers, i like the way they look

:D

• Members

Originally posted by zosoKing5

i didnt read the rest of the posts, but i found a 1994 gibson sg faded going for 400 bucks. my quistions is, why bother getting the epiphone if you can get the real thing already broken in and loosened up?

i like virgins

i need to break in my guitars

• Members

Originally posted by batotman

Thats one big mama!
:eek:

The above poster is right. The Vintage is bound neck (a huge plus for me) and used to cost the same. I also believe its discontinued and a STEAL at $299. If I didn't already own a Faded SG Elitist I'd probably buy one!
:thu:

thats odd. the gibson special faded has no binding

thats what makes it special or vintage

:confused:

Archived