Comparing some guitars, need your input!

guitardude24

• Members

So, I'm looking to get myself a new guitar...these are the ones that have sparked my interest

Schecter C-1 Classic

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser

Fernandes Revelle

I hear good things about the C-1 Classic. How are the active pickups on the hellraiser? I've never really had actives before. The coil tap on the Revelle seem to make it pretty versitile, plus I like the unique body shape!

Right now I have an OLP petrucci model with DiMarzio's in it...but it's just not cutting it

I've been playing for like 5 years, and I just need a good guitar that will stay in tune and have great tone for hard rock....think anything from Disturbed, Velvet Revolver, Alter Bridge, Dream Theater, etc etc...

I'm a fan of non-shred necks...but not too chunky...

Can anyone give some input? need more info?

Thanks!

• Members

If you live for hard rock, get a guitar made to rock hard. Kramer guitars are designed and built specifically for hard rock guitar players. They feature body design and construction, pickups, electronics and hardware for rock music. Some other guitars try to work for ALL kinds of music (country AND rock). That's impossible! Kramer does one thing and it does it well.

• Members

I'd go for the Ravelle Deluxe. The neck on mine is quite chunky but nothing too extreme. I have small hands and I find it very comfortable. They can be had for cheap on fleabay if you're willing to wait for one. But for the price they retail at I think you get a pretty good deal. I love mine. I want to get another eventually.

• Members

I don't necissarily live for hard rock only...it just seems that what I play on guitar fits that...but I also love to play more radio rock stuff, like 3 doors down, forty foot echo, stuff like that too...and I just die for a shimmering clean tone also

I also play acoustic stuff, Jack Johnson is my acoustic inspiration...

So, i really am into anything rock/hard rock and some metal...not shredding though

Archived