Repairs in Tokyo?

katintokyo

• Members

Hey there all,

I am in Tokyo and I need some pickups replaced and all the wiring re-done to put the knobs where I want them (I have a les Paul type of setup and I want the pickups split and so there will be 2 volumes, 1 tone, and the last knob would be a coil splitter)

Any idea where I can get some GOOD clean custom work done in Tokyo!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I have tried but have only found places that will send it back to the factory, and the PRS factory isnt where I want to send my axe!

If you can help me, please do!

• Members

thanks zenbu.

I went there (I think... I went to about 15 different stores in Shinjuku, shibuya, and Ochanomizu,) but all the places I asked said they would just send it out to a third party (or a "factory", taking WEEKS!!!) and that just makes me a little nervous. I wanna meet the person who's going to take a soldering iron to my baby!!!!

None of the storefront people were helpful at all, and didnt even seem to want to help me (even the store where I bought it in the first place) other than telling me that it might cost a lot (including shipping and handling!!! wtf!!!) I just want to give it to a guy with a bench and an iron who knows about shielding, coil splitting, and cool switches, who can give it back to me in better condition than it came to him. Is that too much to ask!?!?! lol.

:freak: :freak:

• Members

well I am shocked that we have something here that Tokyo doesn`t have... ther Big Boss that does repairs.

There has got to be places there that do that stuff, maybe you should get a hold of some of the monthly magazines and see what shops you could go to... even if you can`t read the language well enough I`m thinkin`...Tokyo must be slightly more cosmopolitan than frickin` Sendai, you should be able to find somebody to help you with addresses and stuff.

• Members

ESP in Shibuya will do it. They have the custom shop there, chances are they'll do it while you'll have a look around for schoolgirls.

ESP in Shibuya is in front of Friday's.. from Hachiko, go to Tower Records, turn left.. there's ESP custom shop.

• Members

In the early 90's I used to take my guitar to a lady in the Fussa-Shi distric beside Yokota air base. It was called "Three Sisters Music". However, she just sent it to a third party. When I got my stuff back the action/work was perfect.:cool:

Wow....that was a stroll down memory lane for me.:D

• Members

Originally posted by kunos

ESP in Shibuya will do it. They have the custom shop there, chances are they'll do it while you'll have a look around for schoolgirls.

ESP in Shibuya is in front of Friday's.. from Hachiko, go to Tower Records, turn left.. there's ESP custom shop.

heeheehee

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by kunos

Ahem.......

Ill try that, although I got back into Ochanomizu last weekend and found an ESP custom shop there where a guy was doing stuff... looked ok. I never even considered going there 'cause I just assumed they only worked on ESP's! haha.

Thanks for all the advice! I tried to find out who these third party guys are that all the shops talk about... one is COMBAT guitars (very expensive guitars) which has a factory in Tokyo where big Shops send their repairs, but that is the only one I could wrangle out of anyone (and I asked about 25 people in various shops - tightlipped bastards!)

Archived