Les Trem, Garbage or Great?

voneville

• Members

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar_tremolos/Les_Trem_Stop-Tailpiece_Tremolos.html

Anyone own one of these? Can't find too much information other then a lot of people recomend them to other people, but apperently based on knowledge they exist and not on firsthand experience. I know they put them on the new Reverends...

Thanks!

• Members

Originally posted by onbongos

they have really limited range, i heard. like a half step

A half step is all you need for a surfy shimmer. I suppose they're about as dynamic as a Bigsby or a Maestro. Definitely not a whammy bar at least you don't have to do any cutting or drilling. And they're totally removeable without any left over scars.

• Members

Originally posted by 's mel gibson

A half step is all you need for a surfy shimmer. I suppose they're about as dynamic as a Bigsby or a Maestro. Definitely not a whammy bar at least you don't have to do any cutting or drilling. And they're totally removeable without any left over scars.

A bigsby's range is perfect so that's cool for me. I like that non permanent and non scaring. I wonder how much of the tuning stability is from improper set up. I know bigsby's can be unstable if they're not set up right.

Archived