Does the saddle height have to be even on both sides?

BimmerJustin

• Members

Originally posted by BimmerJustin

I'm adjusting the action on my epi g-400 and obviously the higher strings can get a little lower without buzzing. However, does the saddle height have to be the same on both sides or can one side be lower?

You can have it as even or uneven as you want height wise. I have the "bass" side of my SG lower than the "treble" which is higher for string bending.

• Members

yeah - whatever works best

for instance on older strats with a small radius (more of a circle curve to the top of the fretbaord) you can have the strings follow in that shape like:

this:

))

instead of this:

)I

pretend in my "pic" that the first ) is you looking straight down the neck (guitar facing right)

the 2nd ) is the way you can set the strings to follow that radius so its more comfortable, you dont have to keep the strings straight across with a radius like that - it would make chording uncomfortable because youd have to push the strings down further to the fretboard on the first 2 and last 2 strings

so yeah, whatever works. i usually find following the fretbaord works well in any case, but lately ive noticed i actually like my high strings a little higher than normal, i like to get under em'

Archived