faded series... not impressed...

voneville

• Members

They really look better in pics then in person. The ones I saw looked excessively grainy. Makes me wish I held on to my LP Special Lite DC and swapped the pups to lollars or something, because the finish was flawless and it played awesome.

Well, at least my list of perspective next guitars got a whole lot shorter, nothing with a "faded" finish for me, thanks.

• Members

Originally posted by k4df4l

They don't fill the grain on those bitches to keep the price down supposedly...they just sand 'em and shoot 'em.

Thats what I figured, but the LP standard faded are pretty smooth, and the old voodoos (have not played the new ones) felt pretty nice as well.

• Members

Originally posted by Tonemeister69

HAHA! I'm not even sure if Bato got a look at that thread
:(

I usually can't remember dreams, but that one was crazy
:freak:

I've had some pretty bizzare HC induced dreams... usualy involves me owning different amps lol.... that imaginary Bogner XTC I owned was great by the way:D

Actualy this may be bizzare but the thing that got me looking into bad cats is that I had a dream that I was jamming through a matchless and it sounded awesome:D

• Members

Originally posted by Alchemist

Well maybe if you stopped buying those MIK epi's you wouldnt have to miss that one:mad:
:p
Hows the Randall working out by the way?

I don't own a single MIK Epi you damn Canadian! :mad:

I own 2 MIJ Elitists! :D

I don't miss the burstbuckers but the look and feel of that Faded Standard was good. It wasn't $1600 good (what I sold it for and feel VERY few guitars are worth) but it was very nice.

The Randall is kinda fun. I ordered the 1086 Dan Donegan module today. I think I can ditch the JSX and 6505 and MAYBE the DSL....that one will be tough to decide. I'll probably keep the DSL, I love it.

I've been trying different tube combo's and biasing on the Randall for half the day. I left it with 2 EL34's (outside) and 2 6L6's on the inside. :thu:

The XTC doesn't have as much "thunder" as I was expecting. Its more of a lead module but the Recto module is working out well. I changed a resistor on the Blackface which cleaned it up quite a bit and now its great!

• Members

Originally posted by Alchemist
Thats what I figured, but the LP standard faded are pretty smooth, and the old voodoos (have not played the new ones) felt pretty nice as well.

voodoos were grain filled with a red filler for that voodoo-riffic look.

Archived