3 bolt neck

• Members

When Fender was bought by CBS, one of the great CBS "innovations" was the 3-bolt neck. In theory it was OK, but in practice, it didn't work too good because they often made the neck pockets too big, and the neck moved around. Fender now makes the 3-bolt neck on reissues of those CBS-era instruments, and the modern incarnations actually work and stay together.

• Members

It isn't my fave strat but it does some character that others have not.

Don't be afraid of the three bolt fixin, even in the CBS, there are some very nice ones and a little tweaking brings them right up to speed!

If your lurking for an older one, look around some, they are getting pricy for sure but there are some tasty ones available.

Leo always knew what he was after with the tilt, just took a lot of us a little longer to catch on?

BTW: I met his wife Phylis a while back at the Fender Fullerton museum opening, what a class act lady indeed and she still looks great!

Deke Dickerson played a couple of sets with the Ecofonics and was a terrific buffet! They had laid out hundreds of Fender picks on all the tables for members and guests and we all stuffed our pockets and our bellys!

The Fullerton isn't a grand museum, smallish for sure but there are some VERY early Fender prototypes there and well worth a look when you are in the So Cal!

Good luck with your projects!

• Members

Originally posted by michael mclaugh

It isn't my fave strat but it does some character that others have not.

Don't be afraid of the three bolt fixin, even in the CBS, there are some very nice ones and a little tweaking brings them right up to speed!

If your lurking for an older one, look around some, they are getting pricy for sure but there are some tasty ones available.

Leo always knew what he was after with the tilt, just took a lot of us a little longer to catch on?

BTW: I met his wife Phylis a while back at the Fender Fullerton museum opening, what a class act lady indeed and she still looks great!

Deke Dickerson played a couple of sets with the Ecofonics and was a terrific buffet! They had laid out hundreds of Fender picks on all the tables for members and guests and we all stuffed our pockets and our bellys!

The Fullerton isn't a grand museum, smallish for sure but there are some VERY early Fender prototypes there and well worth a look when you are in the So Cal!

Good luck with your projects!

I;m always shocked that he wasn't really a guitar player, because most of his innovations have stood the test of time

Archived