my 3 yr old niece's small axe

fishfartz

• Members

i suck at taking pics so.............

Amysguitar.jpg

$100 plus tax, its MSP is $309 made by a biker company (Not 357) and it has 3 strap-buttons. one on top horn as usual, and one on each bottom wing in case you want it strapped to your back when motorcycling

anyway I gave it to her today and she loves it. its replacing that Aria SG copy that I chopped the wings off of a few months ago.

its pretty tight, 0-fret and the humbuckers are hot. neck is a very small but still comfortable shape and I think the scale is shorter - I usually tune hers to open D but it felt right going up to F. she had her slide and was cooking through one of my 4x10s

the only thing I can find that needs tweaked is the neck single coil does not have springs and it needs to be a tad higher, Ill replace that soon to bring it up with the bridgebucker. also the frets need a light smoothing and its good to go.

also man shes picking and strumming a madolin, she found a nice easy shape thats somewhat of a drone with strumming and sings her heart out. shes well worth it, and now I get back those totally slamming humbuckers that were in the Aria SG I gave her a while back!

• Members

hey thanks man

she loves it and I gotta keep it real with the kids in my life. we are together most everyday (some of my nieces & nephews) and I help the others out too, but they are not into music and I dont push stuff on them..

yeah, if you were my nephew and liked to jam we'd be rocking out for sure

• Members

Originally posted by Utero

:freak:
Buy her a hello kitty strat.

she played those but liked this much more.

I know its not alot but I had it on layaway for 3 months at a local music store. she went up there with me each month and they pulled it out of the back 4 her and she'd whip out a pick and a small slide and just jam (plugged in twice!) for her its what she needs now. and other than a light polish on the frets its good to go and surprisingly solid. the frets are nice and almost to perfection with low action and easy play. the zero fret helped me get it intonated well for open F and was really hot

• Members

Originally posted by fishfartz

she played those but liked this much more.

I know its not alot but I had it on layaway for 3 months at a local music store. she went up there with me each month and they pulled it out of the back 4 her and she'd whip out a pick and a small slide and just jam (plugged in twice!) for her its what she needs now. and other than a light polish on the frets its good to go and surprisingly solid. the frets are nice and almost to perfection with low action and easy play. the zero fret helped me get it intonated well for open F and was really hot

It was a joke. I can't imagine seeing a 3 year old playing guitar. What did the people at the store think?

• Members

Originally posted by Utero

It was a joke. I can't imagine seeing a 3 year old playing guitar. What did the people at the store think?

I know but it was funny, truth be told she went for the hello kitty at first because pinks her color, but after playing one then this she had to have it

i need to record her strumming and singing, it really feels like witnessing something in the making rather than normal hackin away

Archived