Identify two guitars?

Excelsior

• Members

So, I don't have pics.

Anyhow I wanted to know if these two guitars were a decent deal or not, or if the squier is a decent player at least. I saw these at a local pawn shop

The Squier was a "Squier By Fender" 80s looking guitar. It had a Floyd Rose, H-S-S configuration, no pickguard, and looked NOTHING like a strat. It was a VERY deep, rich dark blue. Also, the font for "Squier" was this different looking cursive. The font that said Squier was in all black on the headstock. It was $129.99, anyone ever seen these or got a pic?

The other was a G & L Asata Telecaster. It looked beautiful, at $79.99, however I've never heard of them.

Anyone have any experience with these?

• Members

Dude, a genuine G&L ASAT at that price, under 80 bucks is a steal. Two things could be apparent here, it is either a fake or the guy doesn't know what he is selling. Check also if it is the TRIBUTE line by G&L.

The Squier could be a Showmaster.

• Members

Originally posted by Sambo_The_Secon

Dude, a genuine G&L ASAT at that price, under 80 bucks is a steal. Two things could be apparent here, it is either a fake or the guy doesn't know what he is selling. Check also if it is the TRIBUTE line by G&L.

The Squier could be a Showmaster.

How would I be able to tell if it's a GENUINE Asat? Will it say Tribute on the headstock?

If it doens't, and it just says G&L ASAT, what should I look for to make sure it's not a fake?

• Members

Having never bought an axe from a pawn shop b4, I would ask the guy to hold it for you (if it costs you a deposit, so be it). Get the serial number and see if you can verify it with G&L.

FWIW, here are some pics.

G&L ASAT Classic
ASAT-CLASSIC_Clear-Orange_full.jpg

TRIBUTE ASAT
ASAT_Classic_Premium.gif

As for the Squier,

squiershowmaster.jpg

Hope this helps.

• Members
Originally posted by Sambo_The_Secon

Hey guys, he could be a genuine noob, or come to think of it, he could be a bit slow like my brother (no offence excelsior!).

Whatta think batotman, you seem to have gotten through every model of Squier going!!

I've heard of G & L, but I had no idea of their value, nor did I know they had a tribute line.

I've only been playing for six months and I've learned a hell of a lot in that timeperiod, give me a break :p

• Members

Originally posted by harold heckuba

You know technical jargon like HSS and headstock yet you have never heard of G&L? Dont yank everyones chain.

I had never heard of G&L until last year. And I knew all the techincal jargon as well.

Archived