my sg classic is a one-piece body...?

adambomb

• Members

i know the new ones are two-peice, i've owned two.

but i just got a 2000 model and it is one-piece not two.

does anyone know if they changed construction for this model?

it's the only thing different on the guitar than the newer ones....probably a cost cutting measure.

but i never heard anyone mentioning that they were one-piece bodies up until a certain point in time.

anyone know when they changed?

• Members

One can occasionally come across guitars by various mfg that are one peice body. Isnt common at all, But enough so that I've had couple one peice body guitars and basses. Is more common to occassionally come across a two peice where 2nd peice is just small part of the whole body. With other peice making that. Has owned some of those too. Most payed for any of em was about $650.

• Members

so one guy has an older one-piece and another guy has a newer two-piece. and another guy has a newer one-piece (and i have a one-piece from 2000).

i guess that's why they didn't make a point at any time to advertise the classic as a "one-piece-body", since this would not always be the case.

one thing i did notice about the sg classics is they (in my experience) are not neck heavy like other sg's, even with the fat neck.

well, i've played about six of them anyway and they were all EXTREMELY body-heavy for sg's.

there is no neck-drop at all. i've NEVER played an sg that had zero neck drop before the classic.

especially the one i have right now.

the best sounding one i ever played was a two-piece, so there goes the one piece is better argument (at least in this case anyway)

i will say the sg classic has got to be pound-for-pound the best deal there is.

for roughly $850 it blows other bang for buck guitars like carvin out of the water. (my last three carvins ALL had unacceptable problems, it's a crap shoot with those guys it really is. i don't know how many times carvin stroker's write in their posts "if you don't like it send it back within 30 days for a full refund" blah blah blah.

i don't have an extra six weeks to wait for a rebuild every time they {censored} up. which is all three times i bought guitars off of them.

between fender and gibson, they have the bang for buck market in hand for realk, finally.

i mean both companies have pro-quality models in the bang-for-buck price range that any pro couldn't really scoff at.

i'd rather have gibson cost-cut on the inlays, pickups, etc. and have the guitar up to snuff then have an ornate but crappier guitar like the esp ltd 1000 series which are no better than the 400 series, but just have over-done purfling and stuff.

(as long as the gibson has binding, sg's must have binding on the neck or else they look cheap to me unless it's a vintage model.)

Archived