Problems with Ableton Live Lite 7

• Members

Got it with an Emu Xboard 49 which includes Proteus X2 sampler/libraries.

When I open up some projects, let's say I have 2 MIDI tracks and both has Proteus X2 on them, with different banks loaded. It tends to not load the 2nd bank - the progress bar comes up, but it doesn't go anywhere. So I have to hit cancel, load the bank manually, then try to remember just what sample I used!

*EDIT* Right now it's loading Saint Thomas Strings and actually making progress, but taking a helluva lot longer than usual.

I've also had an issue where Ableton/Proteus said it couldn't find a bank file in a project - but it's clearly still there. This happened with a particular project that I can't recall which bank file or sample I used.

Any way to prevent/solve these 2 issues?

I've got 2 GB RAM on a 1.8 GHz AMD, Win XP, samples on a seperate drive (not system).

• Members

Drop Ableton a line about your specific problem. They've been great with my questions and very immediate with responses. I am not familiar with the outboard VST/VSTi programs that you're running, but I've never had any issues with Novation Bass Station or Arturia in there.

BTW, I'm running it on a Mac.

As I said earlier, give em' a ring. Great company, and a great product. Sorry I couldn't be much of a help, but that's the best advice I can give.

Archived