any opinions on Gretch Electromatic Pro Jet?

Karma1

• Members

I've been curious about these guitars and am thinking of getting one - in particular the black one with Bigsby. I haven't had an opporunity to plug one in and try it out yet, so I'd be interested to hear from players who have. I've heard that the sound is more like a P90 or somewhere between single coil and humbucker. I'm also wondering about the weight of it. I've read some user reviews that say despite it's chambered body, it's heavy like a Les Paul, and some say that it's about the same weight as a Strat. Also, does the Bigsby add much weight? I did a search to try to find the specs on it but was unsuccessful. Any info would be appreciated.

• Members

Originally posted by Karma1

I've been curious about these guitars and am thinking of getting one - in particular the black one with Bigsby. I haven't had an opporunity to plug one in and try it out yet, so I'd be interested to hear from players who have. I've heard that the sound is more like a P90 or somewhere between single coil and humbucker. I'm also wondering about the weight of it. I've read some user reviews that say despite it's chambered body, it's heavy like a Les Paul, and some say that it's about the same weight as a Strat. Also, does the Bigsby add much weight? I did a search to try to find the specs on it but was unsuccessful. Any info would be appreciated.

I've played them quite a bit and have entertained getting one on and off for a while. I love 'em. The weight feels more like a Strat than a Les Paul to me, and guitar is very comfortable to play. I love the Bigsby too, I have one on my Gretsch Electromatic Hollow. I'm probably adding another Gretsch in the coming days and it will also have a Bigsby.

~Blackbelt

Archived