damn gas hit me last night...

voneville

• Members

I've been staying away from this place and not reading Vintage Guitar magazine, but I almost cracked anyway! I played my friends Gretsch Electromatic last night at band practice. That thing is cool. It sounded great and played like a dream. It easily played as well as my friends late 90's 6120. I keep spending money on harley parts for a project I'm workin on, but i see one of these in my future. I prefer the gretschs pickups and fret acces to the Ibanez, but I still think the Ibanez is a better bang for buck guitar.

• Members
Originally posted by voneville

I've been staying away from this place and not reading Vintage Guitar magazine, but I almost cracked anyway! I played my friends Gretsch Electromatic last night at band practice. That thing is cool. It sounded great and played like a dream. It easily played as well as my friends late 90's 6120. I keep spending money on harley parts for a project I'm workin on, but i see one of these in my future. I prefer the gretschs pickups and fret acces to the Ibanez, but I still think the Ibanez is a better bang for buck guitar.

HC is worst than tobacco :wave:

• Members

I love my Electromatic. Each week when I play out, about halfway through my set I pull out the Gretsch and the "oohs" and "aahs" can be heard all over the room. The 5120 (orange model with 2 humbuckers) can be had new for around $575 now!

GEHB6.jpg

GEHB5.jpg

~Blackbelt

Archived