A cheap Nashville Style Tele?

Devinstation

• Members

Originally posted by BootRoots

whats cheap? you can get a nashville for like 450 or something used right?

he means less than 450...we dont all have half a grand to spend on a guitar...except for me and thats only because I do it for a livng and the gf is a bass players so shes cool :cool:

as far as the nashville tele goes, try a peavy generation for 209.99?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Generation-EXP-Guitar?sku=511354&src=3WFRWXX

• Members

Originally posted by Cooley

he means less than 450...we dont all have half a grand to spend on a guitar...except for me and thats only because I do it for a livng and the gf is a bass players so shes cool
:cool:

as far as the nashville tele goes, try a peavy generation for 209.99?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Generation-EXP-Guitar?sku=511354&src=3WFRWXX

well, cheap is all relative and he didn't give a budget.

• Members

The Alvarez's are out of production - have been for a couple years - you might still be able to find a used one.

The MIM standard telecasters (not the classic 50s or 60s) have a swimming-pool rout, I believe - you prolly oughta take the pickguard off to make sure, though (they may only be routed for a neck 'bucker...

• Members

Originally posted by DenverDave

If you can get a used Peavey Generation in that price range - that would be best. The new Generations come with a ceramic HB in the bridge position and don't have the twang you need from a Tele....

yea but a pickup change is easier when you dont have to stick an extra pickup in there and mess with the wiring too much...you could porbably get some nice pickups with the 200 bucks you saved...but yea if you can find a generation for cheap grab that bitch!:thu:

edit:just read your new post...well that peavy is by no means crap...fiddled with it at a pawn shop and it has a unique (not bad unique) sound.

• Members

Originally posted by Devinstation

Im not really liking any of the generations that i have found so far, not liking the looks too muched. Im not a fan of flame maple tops really, I like solid colors.

You cant always get what you want

You might find...YOU GET WHAT YOU NEED:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Cooley

You might find...YOU GET WHAT YOU NEED:thu:

No Fair!

Ah well unless anything turns up I may just settle for a cheap SX tele to mod, also pickup up a nice Harm 1 .....

• Members

Originally posted by Devinstation

Im not really liking any of the generations that i have found so far, not liking the looks too muched. Im not a fan of flame maple tops really, I like solid colors.

Black, red or gold ain't solid enough for you? :confused:

Archived