FREE MASTERING: REVIEW SYN

• Members

About 6 months ago i offered free mastering. Here is one of the projects i recently finished off for user SYN. Please leave possitive and negative feedback and you opinion upon its quality in comparison to professional products.

DOWNLOAD LINK "16bit 44.1khz"

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hd3i5c

--Equipment in usage order--

Protools 8LE

Digirack EQ

Firium EQ

Digirack Compressor

C4 mult-iband

Stereo Width Enhancer

Bombfactory BF-3A Leveling AMP

Waves L3

-------Monitors-----

yamaha - HS80

• Members

Hey dude, I thought it sounded FANTASTIC!!! Seriously I could definitely hear that on radio, and it really does sound great. I really liked the composition as well I thought it was beautiful and I absolutely loved the woman's voice.

Well.. it sounds great. Punchy, shiney, tight, clear. I like it alot.

It gets a tad messy during the chorus parts, but otherwise I think its good to go.

• Members

kool i supose i didnt explain properly but i only mastered the product and so was not involved in the writing process. What elements do you find messy is it a compositional aspect or a mastering one. Either way i would love too hear your feedback. Kind Regards John

• Members

Well the first time I listened to it I was in my studio so heard it through my monitors, this time through my laptop so its a little different.

Still tho.. as it gets deep into the chorus part, near where it fades out. It sounds pretty compressed, to the point of making it hard to hear certain everything. I honestly couldn't say that its from the mix, or mastering, but it reminds me of the saying "If everything's loud, than nothing is"

• Members

Well the first time I listened to it I was in my studio so heard it through my monitors, this time through my laptop so its a little different.

Still tho.. as it gets deep into the chorus part, near where it fades out. It sounds pretty compressed, to the point of making it hard to hear certain everything. I honestly couldn't say that its from the mix, or mastering, but it reminds me of the saying "If everything's loud, than nothing is"

Its an interesting comment and i do believe in "if everything is loud then nothing is" so i purposely made the compression only work during the chorus. Where as during the intro and pre the compression is either none existent or subtle. I am aware i don't have the best D/A "003R" or monitors "HS80" but i tried to make the compression really stable. I think if this effect is audible and present its most certainly produced by the extra push created from my final limiting stage or the multi-band characteristic i used, at push it could be the characteristics of the fade out but I'm unsure and cant review at the moment. I will have a review at a better time.

Archived