Suggestion on interface for use with Logic Mainstage

• Members

First off, I know this is sort of the wrong forum for my question. Mainstage is for live playing and this is a recording forum. But the people in the recording forums have expertise on interfaces, probably more than the ones in the live sound forum, so here it goes.

I plan to use Mainstage for a band I play in at our church, and so I need an interface that will allow me to have enough channels in and out to hook up all of our instruments. I'll roll it out slowly, so I might not need all channels for a while. Still, I'd like to be able to have them all in some way in the future. I'm thinking I

audio in:

1 - vocal

2 - vocal

3 - electric guitar

4 - acoustic guitar

5 - bass guitar

midi in:

1 - keys 1

2 - keys 2

3 - drum triggers

audio out:

1 - vocal

2 - vocal

3 - electric guitar Left

4 - electric guitar Right

5 - acoustic guitar

6 - bass guitar

7 - keys 1 Left

8 - keys 1 Right

9 - keys 2 Left

10 - keys 2 Right

11,12,13 - drums

14 - "electric guitar" pitched up and distorted from bass guitar.

In other words, I need 4 ins and 8 outs + midi (can be provided separately)

Further, I need to be able to use at least 2 instrument ins, one line in and one XLR in. (preferrably 2 to be future proof)

Interfaces I have thought of:

Apogee Ensemble - too expensive, but would do the job nicely. Tight integration with Logic and hopefully Mainstage. S/PDIF. World clock. But again, too expensive.

RME Fireface - too expensive, but would do the job nicely. S/PDIF. World clock.

M-Audio ProFire 2626 - pretty much has what I need. Quality? S/PDIF. Word clock.

PreSonus Firestudio - seems to have a lot of the same as ProFire. Difference? S/PDIF. Word clock.

PreSonus Firestudio Project - would still do the job. Less expandability. S/PDIF. No Word clock.

PreSonus FP10 - don't really see the difference here. S/PDIF. No Word clock.

Focusrite Sapphire Pro 40 - heard good things about this before. S/PDIF. No Word clock.

Any thoughts on which of these interfaces would be more appropriate?

Thanks.

btw. which of the recording forums is the one for these questions? This or the "recording forum"?

Archived