Squier Vista Series Musicmaster guitar, anyone here own or played one of these?

Lloyd Rummell

• Members

I was wondering if anyone here owned or played a Squier Vista Series Musicmaster guitar, if so.....what did You think?

I owned one of the Vista Series Musicmaster basses back in the day and still regret selling it.

I was really thinking about getting one of the guitars,

I've been seeing them go pretty cheap on Ebay.

Any of You guys tried one of these? It has just one humbucker pick up. I think it's pretty sweet looking. :love:

• Members

I saw one awhile back at a local shop and offered to buy it. They wouldn't sell it as they hadn't got around to pricing their used guitars and didn't know when. {censored}in douchebags at Kutz Music, Pittsburg, KS. It was a fun little guitar and I would recommend it even if it is MIC.

• Members

Originally posted by batotman

I saw one awhile back at a local shop and offered to buy it. They wouldn't sell it as they hadn't got around to pricing their used guitars and didn't know when. {censored}in douchebags at Kutz Music, Pittsburg, KS. It was a fun little guitar and I would recommend it even if it is MIC.

Is it really made in China? I thought all the Vista Series Guitars were made in Japan.

• Members

The Musicmaster is a cool-looking guitar, but it isn't CIJ like the others.

"Why wasn't the Musicmaster (guitar) as publicised or popular as the other Vista Series guitars?

The Musicmaster (guitar) came out in 1998, after the others. It only sold for $170. Neat design, colours, and everything, but the craftsmanship was lousy. All the Vistas were made in Japan, and like the old Japanese re-issue Jazzmasters and Mustangs that Fender made, their quality kicked butt. Small frets (vintage-like), high gloss necks, nice maple, solid construction and at an affordable price. The Musicmasters were made in Indonesia, their bodies were thinner, and not many people liked them, and it's failure may have been why Fender pulled the Vistas all together. If they had made them the same Japanese quality, I'm sure they would have sold well. Info submitted by Derek (Washington DC, USA)"

I've played them all, and the Jagmaster is the star of the bunch, imo.

• Members

Originally posted by ColorsoundKid

I had no idea they ever made a Vista in China. I suppose if you look at the back of the neck by the plate you will be sure. The Japanese ones will say Crafted in Japan there. Otherwise, I suppose it's possible it was made in China.

100% positive that one is MIC. I think the musicmaster bass is also MIC.

:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by Cyclonic

The Musicmaster is a cool-looking guitar, but it isn't CIJ like the others.

I've played them all, and the Jagmaster is the star of the bunch, imo. [/quote

I've got a Vista Series Jagmaster, it's great.

:thu: I think I'm gonna pass on the Musicmaster for now.

Thanks Guys:thu:

Archived