Dimarzio Pick up question?

Lloyd Rummell

• Members
Originally posted by Lloyd Rummell

I bought black and creme colored Dimarzio pick ups for My Jagmaster II, a Super distortion and a PAF Pro.

I had My local music store install them.

Are they to be installed black side up or creme side up?

Email DiMarzio. They'll tell you right.

• Moderators

I'm asking because I think the music store installed them wrong, I should've just done it Myself but I was feeling lazy.

They keep cutting out, what can cause this?

HBs without adjustable pole pieces can be mounted however he mood takes you, even mounting pups with adj pole pieces in a contrary fashion will have little noticeable affect, I think the majority of guitars with zebras face the white/cream coil to the bridge and neck, ie the black coils facing to the middle, however you can usually tell by which corner the wires come out wheer the mfr wants you to put them, at least with the majority of the pups I've installed.

• Members

I'm asking because I think the music store installed them wrong, I should've just done it Myself but I was feeling lazy.

They keep cutting out, what can cause this?

If they keep cutting out, they were installed incorrectly. But before you embarrass yourself and take it back, make sure it's not the cord.

• Members

Originally posted by Fosse Fox

HBs without adjustable pole pieces can be mounted however he mood takes you, even mounting pups with adj pole pieces in a contrary fashion will have little noticeable affect, I think the majority of guitars with zebras face the white/cream coil to the bridge and neck, ie the black coils facing to the middle, however you can usually tell by which corner the wires come out wheer the mfr wants you to put them, at least with the majority of the pups I've installed.

Mine were installed both with the black side pointing to the neck of the guitar while the creme side points to the bridge. On each pick up the pole pieces are identical on both coils.

If it has little noticeable effect, then the way they are installed probably has nothing to do with it cutting out then.

Archived