A true bedroom amp

syrinx

• Members

Hey there fans of sport! I know the world, or at least HC has been asking for a true quiet amp to get full saturation at low enough volume. Basically what I do, is use a valve junior or and emory sound super baby with a low watt power tube run into a "not silent" speaker. As most know a silent speaker box has a speaker and mic along with major soundproofing. These are heavy and really don`t soundproof a regular rig- rather tone it down. What I did though was get a rubbermade tub thats about 24x15x18 or so with a lid. I made a simple baffle for a small speaker(8) and put it into a small styro container. I did that because you need some air moving for the speaker and I didn`t want to {censored} up the speaker when... The next thing I did was roll up 4 pieces of carpet and put them in the corners of the rubbermade tub then set the speaker box in- then hit the whole mess with great stuff expanding foam- took a couple cans. The carpet catches the bass better and allows less foam to be used. The end result is a VJ that can be on full blast and you can still hear the tv. I originally wasn`t going to post this- what with the lowtechness and all- but it actually makes the VJ sound better! As is often said, and especially here a eq pedal is really not a bad idea.

• Members

ah thats asking a lot since everything is encased in foam! Other than the rubbermaid tub and a tail of a speaker cable theres not much to see. I have never put any clips up here either- nor do I really know how, but I did record a song wit it and might be able to get it on myspace or something.

Archived