Cascade M20 LDC

• Members

Several months back, I picked up a Cascade M20 from ebay. I grabbed it mainly because it was dirt cheap. As of yet I haven't had an opportunity to use it beyond checking to make sure that it actually worked. This is an older M20, not the current M20u. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with one of these, and maybe some opinions about it.

• Members

Plug it in, try it out, and TELL US!

Too easy. Where's the fun in that? But seriously, on the two projects that I've been working on since I bought it I just haven't had the opportunity to try it yet. The first project was with a very long term, very dear friend that just happens to be a severe pain when it comes to experimenting like that. He had his own ideas, and it was just easier to do things his way than to try for something unknown. The possibility of a different outcome was beyond his scope of reality. But that project is now completed. The second project has been a bit freer, but so far we have not gotten good results with either a Rode NT1 or an AKG C414 (the only other LDC's that I have available) on his vocals. With that being the case, I've been a bit reluctant to pull out a mic that I only paid $50 for. At this point we only have done scratch vocals on most of the songs. The one vocal track that we have that we think is a keeper, we used an RE20. We're going to try an SM7b next. Once I actually do have some experience with it, I will share them of course.

Archived