Jagmaster pickup replacement help?

Lloyd Rummell

• Members

I have a short scale Jagmaster II and I'd like to replace the pickups in it.The sound I'm looking for is a cross between Kurt Cobain and Tom Delonge of Blink 182.

If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it alot.

I was thinking about Seymour Duncan Invaders or maybe Dimarzio Super Distortion pickups but I'd really like some advice.

Thank You:thu:

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Originally posted by Lloyd Rummell

After much thought...I think that I'm going to go with a Dimarzio DP100 Super Distortion in the bridge and a Dimarzio DP151 PAF Pro in the neck, it should definitely sound better than the "Duncan Designed" stock pickups it came with.
:thu:

From everything I've ever heard about Dimarzios, I wouldn't be so sure.

• Members

Originally posted by Bmajor

I've only heard good things about Dimarzio, however a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge might be better with a good neck pick up to compliment it, matbe a seymour duncan jazz:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Bmajor

No disrespect, but unless anyone has direct experience with a particular piece of equipment thier opinion does not count. "I heard Fender sucks. Gibson has low QC" - What bull{censored}.

I have both Dimarzio and SD. Both companies make great products. However, Vintage Vibe has become my fave pup manufacturer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I just ordered my pick ups last night from guitar center, I got the Dimarzio Super Distortion and the PAF pro both in the creme/black color, I also ordered a set of the Fender vintage bridge sections and a set of aged volume and tone knobs to match the color of the new pick ups.

I can't wait til it all gets here.:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by donnie_combat

DONT GET Dimarzio!!!!! check out seymour Duncans!! you will not be sorry!

they're equally good. I used to be a dimarzio man. now I don't care. I have good amps and good guitars. as long as the pickup doesn't add noise or feedback like crazy, I like it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived