Ritchie Blackmore explains his scalloping

jmartin

• Members

Originally posted by Matter-Eater Lad

That's really too bad about his original Strat, the repairman planing it down. You sometimes hear about these big time guitarists getting their prized axe messed up and it surprises me that they'd let it out of their sight. He says he gave it to his roadie, who THEN brought it to a repairman. I don't know why he doesn't get Fender to make him a replacement.

No {censored}. I would think that any top notch luthier would jump at the chance to make a new board for Ritchie. The fact that they made the neck for Ritchie's #1 Strat would be great advertising for themselves.

• Members

The problem is,its not actually a bolt-on anymore. He glued all his bolt-on necks into thier sockets to "stabalize" them. If it were still a bolt-on, Im sure he would have simply replaced the neck with one from one of his other strats. But he started gluing the necks of his strats back in the '70s,lol.

• Moderators

Originally posted by jmartin

The problem is,its not actually a bolt-on anymore. He glued all his bolt-on necks into thier sockets to "stabalize" them. If it were still a bolt-on, Im sure he would have simply replaced the neck with one from one of his other strats. But he started gluing the necks of his strats back in the '70s,lol.

It's still easy to replace a fretboard, and glue joints are easy to break.

Archived