Edwards LP owners...

derUbermensch

• Members

Originally posted by derUbermensch

Post your pics and please share your opinions of your guitar(s). I'm about a day away from ordering an E-LP-85CD, and I guess I need affirmation that the guitar is worth it...
:)
Thanks!

What tone are you looking for? If your looking for a LP tone, then this guitar is not for you. But if you're looking for a goodlooking LP knockoffs, then buy it.

For the price, it's a good guitar.

• Members

Originally posted by VoodooChild24

What tone are you looking for? If your looking for a LP tone, then this guitar is not for you.

:eek:

I thought they had the same mahogany back maple top as Tokai's

:confused:

• Members

What tone are you looking for? If your looking for a LP tone, then this guitar is not for you. But if you're looking for a goodlooking LP knockoffs, then buy it.

WTF is that?????? its dam close on specs has a long tennon the only thing different is teh veneer cap but its still a full cap

• Members

I love my Edwards Gold Top (as i've said in numerous threads). Here's a pic of another forumites guitar (i really need to take a good photo of mine!).

EdwardsGoldtop.jpg

While i've never owned a Gibby LP yet, I have played my friends on several occasions and i find them to be very similar in terms of tone and quality and i think the Edwards especially shines given the price difference between an Edwards and a Gibby here in Oz.

• Members

Originally posted by utterhack

You do realize your username obliges us to take your opinion on Edwards with a grain of salt
;)

Why? Because I owned one and don't just stare at pictures of them on the Internet? haha.

• Members

Originally posted by mrtokai

Why? Because I owned one and don't just stare at pictures of them on the Internet? haha.

I was thinking more because you pimp for the competition?

(who also happen to make a nice guitar by all accounts)

• Members

....looking for a LP tone......

please define, as 'LP tone' would come from guitars that total about 100 different 'official' models over the years, varying a huge amount in 'ingredients' as well (ingredients = wiring, pups, construction, finish, wood types, etc).

• Members

Originally posted by L6Sguy

please define, as 'LP tone' would come from guitars that total about 100 different 'official' models over the years, varying a huge amount in 'ingredients' as well (ingredients = wiring, pups, construction, finish, wood types, etc).

'70s Norlin Era Les Pauls are going to sound a tad different than say a '59 Burst, due to the body being made of a Mahogany sandwich with a strip of maple in between. OK, not a night and day difference, but they're not going to be exactly the same.

However... Any guitar in the shape and dimensions of a Les Paul with a Mahogany neck and body and a maple cap with a Tune-O-Matic and two humbuckers is going give you the formulaic Les Paul tone.

• Members

Originally posted by GilmourD

'70s Norlin Era Les Pauls are going to sound a tad different than say a '59 Burst, due to the body being made of a Mahogany sandwich with a strip of maple in between. OK, not a night and day difference, but they're not going to be exactly the same.

However... Any guitar in the shape and dimensions of a Les Paul with a Mahogany neck and body and a maple cap with a Tune-O-Matic and two humbuckers is going give you the formulaic Les Paul tone.

so where do the black beauties figure in, with their all-mahog body? is that not an LP tone?

• Members

Originally posted by L6Sguy

so where do the black beauties figure in, with their all-mahog body? is that not an LP tone?

Well, that's a variation upon the theme. What I was saying was in reponse to the guy that was saying that an Edwards wouldn't deliver Les Paul tone (quoted below), even though the only appreciable difference between the two is country of origin and name on the headstock. Actually, having looked up the guitar on the ESP Japan site, the guitar in question looks like a pretty frickin' beautiful LP Custom with a Maple top and an Ebony board.

• Members

Originally posted by GilmourD

Well, that's a variation upon the theme. What I was saying was in reponse to the guy that was saying that an Edwards wouldn't deliver Les Paul tone (quoted below), even though the only appreciable difference between the two is country of origin and name on the headstock. Actually, having looked up the guitar on the ESP Japan site, the guitar in question looks like a pretty frickin' beautiful LP Custom with a Maple top and an Ebony board.

there is no 'LP tone.'

except for one that spans the sounds of thousands and thousands and thousands of differently appointed/built/tweaked guitars.

Archived