Superior Drummer 2.2 in Multichannel mode in Protools LE 8

• Members

okay, so I think I know how to get this started up somewhat. I just recently started using protools so bear with me if i sound like an amateur!

- make stereo instrument track

- insert Superior multichannel out plugin

- no input ????

- output: main out L/R stereo ?????

Then open up the plugin, go to "mixer"

- set to multichannel in the output section (everything gets set to specific outs in the mixer). for example: KDin output 1/2, KDout output 1/2, Snaretop 2/3, etc

- create mono AUX tracks in pro tools for all the drums/mics desired/in use

ok so heres where i get kinda stuck...

when assigning these outputs to the AUX tracks in protools- I don't see how the outputs from the superior mixer reflect in the AUX tracks outputs.

In protools mine start like this:

S 3/4.L

S 3/4.R

S 5/6.L

S 5/6.R

ETC...

In the superior "mixer" it starts at 1/2, nothing about L or R. So I'm curious what that's all about. It would make sense to me if it was a stereo track- so "left/right"...I just don't quite understand.

Also my bass drum always gets assigned to the superior STEREO instrument track, where i craft the beats in my MIDI editor...From what I understand the kick should not be in stereo. it should be a mono AUX just like everything else?!??

Can someone please help me!? Theres probably some important things im missing that i didn't pickup on in the toontrack video tutorials on their website...but this is what i managed to gather so far and i'd like to get a better understanding.

All help much appreciated!!!

(also posted in recording)

Archived