Need reccomendation for Strings on LP Studio

cc999

• Members

Just got my new LP Studio and I want to change out the strings that came with the guitar. I play mostly Rock. Can anyone reccomend the best strings for this Guitar name and gauge.

Does anyone know what the stock strings are?

On my American Strat I have the Elixor XL and that plays nice.

Not sure if that would fly on the Gibson.

Need help from fellow Les Paul owners.........

Thanks

Charlie

• Members

The Factory Strings are Gibson Brite Wires 10 -46. These are wound with nickel-plated steel. Some time ago the Les Pauls were shipped with Gibson Les Paul Signature pure nickel strings. These have a richer and more vintage sound. I like pure nickel strings on my Gibson guitars Someof the ones that I have used and like:

Gibson Les Paul Signature (9-46)
Gibson Vintage Reissue (in a variety of sizes)
Thomastik-Infeld Sliders
SIT Power Groove or Fower Flat

• Members

I use Ernie Balls. But I change my strings once a week when I'm gigging every weekend.
An excellent player I know uses Gibson LP strings on his LPs. His tone is immaculate. And he's the type of person that adds some solder to the ball ends so that they don't unravel while he's playing.
I HATE when that happens! All of a sudden your e turns into a d. No matter how much you keep tuning it. :eek:

• Members
Originally posted by Jimi Ray Halen

I use Ernie Balls. But I change my strings once a week when I'm gigging every weekend.

An excellent player I know uses Gibson LP strings on his LPs. His tone is immaculate. And he's the type of person that adds some solder to the ball ends so that they don't unravel while he's playing.

I HATE when that happens! All of a sudden your e turns into a d. No matter how much you keep tuning it.
:eek:

I also change my strings before every gig.

I used to solder the balls on my unwound strings when I used a Kahler. The Kahler used to put abnormal stresses on the balls and that helped.

Archived