Anyone need a $5,000 pickguard!

Hoddy

• Members

Q: Hello tune_o_matic: Did you make an error on your price? Have a good day. countryguitar

A: Certainly not. If I sell a 1963 Strat guard for $2,250 (item 140046171332) and a 1963 Strat is valued at an avarage of $30,000 these days. How much does a pickguard of a gutiar that avarages $65,000 - $125,000 should go for these days? It's simple math.

:freak:

• Members

Check out his other auctions, especially this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140047356733

i can't believe his response to a question.

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ShowAllQuestions&requested=tune_o_matic&iid=140047356733&frm=284&redirect=0&ShowASQAlways=1&SSPageName=PageAskSellerQuestion_VI

Q: Is this a relic or a real item...?? I can't help but notice that there is no fade between the exposed sunbursting and that which was covered by the pick guard.. Furthermore I have never seen a 62 strat with a fully painted neck cavity.. if you propose that this is a 100% item, then that would have been worn away long time ago... what you show in your pictures looks newly painted. Thirdly the foot of the neck... why does it look recently sanded but apparently it has a stamp that was put onto it 44 years ago... I know rubber stamps are easy to have made up... especially date stamps with that partiular font. I hope you aren't fooling people into a 25k mistake... I also hope that bidders can see this message. I'm not about negative feedback. But I don't like a fraudulent sale when I see one. It still looks like a nice guitar, regardless.

Nov-03-06

A: You've caught me. It's a fake. I make these guitars here in my garage... You know NOTHING about vintage guitars and your stupid, moronic, and ignorent e-mail shows it. You wouldn't know a real vintage Fender Strat even if it hit you in the head you idiot loser. Now go away and die.

How the hell do you get one of those e-bay Power Seller certificates conducting yourself in such a manner?

• Members

i've been thinking to myself lately, "i have $5,000 just kinda laying around. There's only 1 thing I can possibly think to spend it on, and that is a Tele pickguard for the Tele I don't own. But who really needs a Tele to own a Tele pickguard? Not I! It shall be mine."

• Members

Originally posted by go cat go

Check out his other auctions, especially this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140047356733

i can't believe his response to a question.

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ShowAllQuestions&requested=tune_o_matic&iid=140047356733&frm=284&redirect=0&ShowASQAlways=1&SSPageName=PageAskSellerQuestion_VI

Q: Is this a relic or a real item...?? I can't help but notice that there is no fade between the exposed sunbursting and that which was covered by the pick guard.. Furthermore I have never seen a 62 strat with a fully painted neck cavity.. if you propose that this is a 100% item, then that would have been worn away long time ago... what you show in your pictures looks newly painted. Thirdly the foot of the neck... why does it look recently sanded but apparently it has a stamp that was put onto it 44 years ago... I know rubber stamps are easy to have made up... especially date stamps with that partiular font. I hope you aren't fooling people into a 25k mistake... I also hope that bidders can see this message. I'm not about negative feedback. But I don't like a fraudulent sale when I see one. It still looks like a nice guitar, regardless.

Nov-03-06

A: You've caught me. It's a fake. I make these guitars here in my garage... You know NOTHING about vintage guitars and your stupid, moronic, and ignorent e-mail shows it. You wouldn't know a real vintage Fender Strat even if it hit you in the head you idiot loser. Now go away and die.

How the hell do you get one of those e-bay Power Seller certificates conducting yourself in such a manner?

Let's flood him with goofy questions.:D

• Members

Why flood a guy with questions if you're not going to buy the thing?

People pay a lot of money for those guitars. I can't afford that stuff, but I'm not so jellous that I would go and waste my time annoying someone with questions just to be a jerk.

He may be selling something for 25k, but that doesn't mean he got it for free so you can't expect someone to pay shipping.

• Members

Originally posted by 360

Why flood a guy with questions if you're not going to buy the thing?

People pay a lot of money for those guitars. I can't afford that stuff, but I'm not so jellous that I would go and waste my time annoying someone with questions just to be a jerk.

He may be selling something for 25k, but that doesn't mean he got it for free so you can't expect someone to pay shipping.

You're him, aren't ya?:D

• Members

I like the part where he talks about having all the parts to the guitar and then warning, "these will go fast." He's got 4 hrs. left on this one, so it hasn't gone all that fast. Wonder if someone will snipe it. Guess I'll have to check back. I'm really interested to see if someone pays $5,000 for a piece of Bakelite.

Edit: I forgot the screws are included, makes all the difference no doubt.

• Members

Hey I collect trains with my little boy and a few years ago some surgeon paid $3000.00 for a cardboard box that some accessory came in!

This kind of stuff doesn't bother me. I'm happy that there are people out there that have done well enough they can afford to do this.

Also doesn't bother me if someone wants to take apart a guitar and sell it peice by piece. It's not my guitar and I can't afford to buy this stuff anyway.

Archived