• Members

The HC user reviews?

They work just fine for me. I just looked up a review for the B52 ST-6102:

Product: B-52 Pro Audio ST-6012 212 Combo
Price Paid: US $749.00
Submitted 10/15/2005 at 03:31pm by Jerry Campbell
Email: jelly_mojoboy at hotmailcom

Features : 9

* Do you know what year the amp was made in?
* Is the amp versatile enough for you and the styles of music you play? What are those styles?
* How many channels? Does it have channel switching? Effects loops? Headphone jack?
* What features do you wish it had? Why? Are there features you never use?
* Where do you use this amp? Does it have enough power for you?
* Feel free to enter any other features (stereo, tube or solid state, etc.).

This amp is new.Purchased through Musician's Friend . 2 channels with boost and Countor control on overdrive channel(including an over-all Master control).This thing has all the good stuff-all tube-two 5881 power,12ax7's preamp,12at7 reverb,and 5ar4 rectifier which may be swtched out or combined with a solid state rectifier.It sports a headphone out, line out(adjustable level), effects loop (adjustable send and return), footswitch included(channel,reverb,and boost functions).The amp also features two 30 Watt Celestian speakers. 60 Watt output. Plenty of poop for any venue. Only thing on my wish list would be independent level controls for the 2 gain contrls on the overdrive channel.

Sound Quality : 9

* What kind of sounds can the amp make? How much variety?
* Is the clean channel distorted at high volumes? In what settings?
* How brutal is the distortion?
* What guitar and pickup styles are you using it with?
* How does it suit your music style (and what is that style)?
* Is it noisy? On what settings, and in what environments?

I use a custom built Oasis guitar w/ Seymor JB pickups and Strat w/JB Jr. in bridge , 2Dimarzio HS-2's in mid & neck. The amp in overdrive is "snappy" when using the Strat in position-2.Overdrive is very good(although it still doesn't beat my modified '83 Fender Concert amp).The clean channel works very well-think Fender. Overall, I'm satisfied with the amp.

Reliability : No Opinion

* Can you depend on it? Would you use it on a gig without a backup?
* Has the amp ever broken down? Because of neglect of regular servicing (as in tubes), or just plain neglect?

Seems to be built like a tank.

Customer Support : No Opinion

* If you've dealt with the company, how helpful/friendly were they?
* Ever try and get it repaired? Was the repair done under warranty?
* Were you able to findan authorized service center easily?
* How long is the warranty?

Lifetime warranty-WOW!

Overall Rating : 9

* How long have you been playing? What other gear do you own?
* If it were stolen or lost, would you buy it again or get something else?
* what do you love about it? What do you hate?
* Did you compare it to other products? Which ones? Why did you choose this one?
* Anything you wish it had?
* Anything else you'd like to share?

I've played for 40 yrs.-most of that time professionally. Now I paly weekends-got a day job. I own a Fender Concert top w/ matching cab w/EVM12L speaker. This amp has been modded by Rivera, Lee Jackson,and myself (I'm an amp tech also). It is an absolute screamer. I wanted to have another amp to funtion as a backup. This new amp is really nice-a little bit different than the Fender ,but relly good.

• Members

Originally posted by atrox

I have absolutely no problem seeing this. Maybe a DNS resolve issue thingy?

Firefox shows the returned application error message and IE displays a HTTP 500 error message (internal server error).

I dunno, did they change the DNS entries?

reviews.harmony-central.com resolves to 216.57.203.30 here.

• Members

Originally posted by ArKay

Firefox shows the returned application error message and IE displays a HTTP 500 error message (internal server error).

I dunno, did they change the DNS entries?

reviews.harmony-central.com resolves to 216.57.203.30 here.

All I know was I had trouble early in the day, but it's been fine for a few hours for me. I actualyl wrote a review a couple hours ago.

• Members
Originally posted by atrox

All I know was I had trouble early in the day, but it's been fine for a few hours for me. I actualyl wrote a review a couple hours ago.

Weird... Hoping that whatever is causing this will be fixed soon. No search AND no reviews = HC hell. :cry:

Archived