Help me identifie this guitar body...

woodsmandan

• Members

guitarbody2.jpg

I found it in a garage sale a couple of years back and forgot all about it...until I unhearted it yesterday fron the messy basement...

Looks like it's the original colour too...

Anyone can tell me the make ? What kind of trem was there ?

Anyway, it looks like a fun project...single humbucker, locking trem...I never had a shred machine, sounds like a plan ?

• Members

Looks like a WESTONE X-120 body with a "crackle finish."

That guitar was MIJ in the early to mid 80's.

The "crackle finish" was a fave of the hair bands at the time.

Go online, and find a WESTONE web site (there are 3 or 4).

That particular guitar used a single Magnaflux humbucker pup.

The tremolo bridge was a Bendmaster copy (similiar to a Floyd Rose). If it IS a WESTONE body, necks are near impossible to find. Good luck!!

Steve

• Members
Originally posted by 6942

Looks like a WESTONE X-120 body with a "crackle finish."

That guitar was MIJ in the early to mid 80's.

The "crackle finish" was a fave of the hair bands at the time.

Go online, and find a WESTONE web site (there are 3 or 4).

That particular guitar used a single Magnaflux humbucker pup.

The tremolo bridge was a Bendmaster copy (similiar to a Floyd Rose). If it IS a WESTONE body, necks are near impossible to find. Good luck!!

Steve

Would a strat neck work?

• Members

Is the back routed?...doesn't look like it to me.I'd say the trem route is for the Steinberger type trem found on Hohner Spirit copies or the variation used by Gibson on certain models including Epiphones.Thus my guess is the body is a Korean Hohner or maybe Epiphone.

• Members

That is an 80s Hohner ST series body. I owned one with that finish briefly, but the bridge pickup was so bright it was useless. They had special Hohner tremolos that you could lock (that's what that little extra rout at the back of the trem is for). They were a little above budget guitars. A bit better quality, but not like a $500+ guitar.

• Members

Steinberger trem ?:( ....that is gonna be difficult to find...is there anything easier to find that would fit in there ?

I have an old Stagg neck (big headstock strat/jazzmaster copy) that fits right in the neck pocket, so my guess is a standard Fender replacement neck could fit....what was the original scale of tht hohner?

Thank you guys for the replies:thu:

Archived