Austin Guitars? Any good?

thefyn

• Members

I played an Austin guitar at GC and was impressed by the wood/build etc (albeit bad parts)

How much do these usually go for? It said made in Indonesia on it.

But I was diggin it. It was a LP copy.

I see them VERY cheap as part of guitar packages etc, but how much do the Les Pauls usually go for?

• Members

Originally posted by thefyn

I played an Austin guitar at GC and was impressed by the wood/build etc (albeit bad parts)

How much do these usually go for? It said made in Indonesia on it.

But I was diggin it. It was a LP copy.

I see them VERY cheap as part of guitar packages etc, but how much do the Les Pauls usually go for?

Every one of the Austins I have seen was cheap in price; I don't recall the cost, but under $300 for sure. My advice, if you find one you like, is to buy that specific one. I bought a Squier years ago that I thought mopped up the floor with the higher price Fenders that were in the store at the time (small, rural music store.) I payed something like $180. Bought a great {censored}in' Super Champ then too, but that's another thread.

Since them, I've played some real crap Squiers too. I recall playing some other Squiers when I bought the one I took home and being disappointed.

You ever seen the mint condition '62 Strat at the Vintage Guitar show (original strings?) Ever wonder why it's in mint condition?

Sound probably sucked. It didn't get played. And now it goes for $31,200! But I digress.

If you find a guitar that sounds good and feels good, you're a lucky man. If you can get it for $250, well, that's just icing on the cake.

It's all about the tone.

Archived