New Reverend Club King...and the mods thereto...

espgold

• Members

Had my eye on these for a while. I really wanted the blueburst, but when a dealer decided to hang it up, I couldn't resist this one at 40% off:eek:

I knew going in that I wouldn't get on with the tele control layout, so I already had plans to make up a new guard. Then while I had it apart, I threw some other goodies on there. What can I say...I just can't leave well enough alone :rolleyes:

Stock:

1212177imgsz2.jpg

GFS Liverpools go in:

1212178imggn5.jpg

Fine tuning the p/g template. I used the stock upper half then added the lower half modified from an old slingshot guard. I also added the stairstep feature which is a throwback to earlier Reverend designs:

1212179imgid4.jpg

Back together:

1212182imgxz0.jpg

'nother shot

1212183imgto3.jpg

I gotta go play it for a while now.

• Members

Originally posted by AtomHeartMother

Yeah, that is quite boss. I really like what you did with the pickguard and control layout. What does the knob up near the top of the body do? Can you coil tap those Liverpools?

Slap a Bigsby on that thing and you're set.

PS: Where'd you get it 40% off? Do they have anymore?
:D

The knob near the top is the bass contour knob. It allows you to roll off or add bass frequencies(duh! hehe), and it can shape the humbuckers to sound very similar to a single coil.

You can see the Warhawk in action with the bass countour here.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=go6J4wX9x1A

Very nice looking esp. I've been looking at the Reverends for a while(especially the CK) How did you like it with the stock pick ups?

• Members

Originally posted by AtomHeartMother

Yeah, that is quite boss. I really like what you did with the pickguard and control layout. What does the knob up near the top of the body do? Can you coil tap those Liverpools?

Slap a Bigsby on that thing and you're set.

PS: Where'd you get it 40% off? Do they have anymore?
:D

Thanks AHM...The Liverpools can be coil-tapped. It's an option I'll consider if I ever decide to route the body under the pickguard and put in a 5-way megaswitch. For now, though, the Bass Contour Control works much like a coil split...but stays humbucking.

I'm very happy with the way the guard came out. You never know with these one-offs...might spend the whole day, then say {censored} it :mad:

I was set to order from Reverend when I saw they had a dealer in NJ. I called them and the guy says 'yeah, we got three Reverends, but you better hurry...we're closing in two days!" Two hour drive one-way...but I saved $265 on the guitar and case. When I left there was a guy buying the last Jetstream 390 and there was a sunburst Club King still on the wall. The sunburst was :freak: , and I usually like them.

Oh, the stock pickups are pretty good. A bit muddy (Icould have tried lowering them), but I've been waiting for the right guitar for the Liverpools, so...

Archived